Allen Munro Transport Ltd

[

Anyone came across these while they were in operation? Based in Skelmersdale, had a garage in Burscough. Went bust in 2004 when new owners took over, they ran blue, yellow and white outfits. Any info would be great.

my Daf is ex Allen Munro

:wink:

did they do car parts to europe?

These any use?

robv8:
Anyone came across these while they were in operation? Based in Skelmersdale, had a garage in Burscough. Went bust in 2004 when new owners took over, they ran blue, yellow and white outfits. Any info would be great.

Allen Munro Commercials split off under different ownerhsip from Transport. I found Allen Munro Transport decidedly dubious when I had dealings with them…

Allen sold the transport, but kept the garage in Burscough. That blue Super Space Daf is the yard shunter with occasional trips to Poland and Belgium to bring trailers in.

240 Gardner:
[q I found Allen Munro Transport decidedly dubious when I had dealings with them…

so did Customs & Excise :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

240 Gardner:
[q I found Allen Munro Transport decidedly dubious when I had dealings with them…

so did Customs & Excise :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe the church police were after 'em as well :wink:

Mar/April 2003 Chris Hodge had several of these (ex Munro)

dieseldave:

bet they didn’t expect that :wink:

Denis F:

dieseldave:

bet they didn’t expect that :wink:

Not sure whether Chris Hodge had them though, perhaps it came from next-door??

It’s definitely got a PISTON ENGINE though :wink:

:smiley:

graham70:
i worked ther from 92 until 98…did u go working at volvo kev i remember you.always wonder wot brien brown n the others r upto these days…kev gill ray clifton went matalan last time i spoke to em.tommy sayer kev hunter■■? brort bak sum gud memories them pics haha

They bought out Tom Shanks from Aberdeen, promised the world to the drivers, then asset stripped the company the week after. :open_mouth: :frowning: :frowning: :open_mouth:

Safeway Bathgate 89/90