All the gold that I can eat

Mine is going into my pension where the government kindly give me a 25% bonus on it given it’s paid out of taxed income. I’ve also taken the opportunity to bin one day a week so now doing four instead of five and so much happier. I could actually do three if I weren’t so obsessed with my pension and trying to make up for 27 years of not putting anything into one.

Only reason I’d buy a lorry is to park it on my drive so I could throw a brick at it every morning.

Conor:
Mine is going into my pension.

Snap! It’s a no brainer really. I’m upping mine to 20% because I can quite happily survive below the 40% tax threshold so why not benefit from it tax free?

With the direction the world and financial system is headed, I have strong doubts there’ll even be pensions in the future, public or private. You could probably achieve the same end result by chucking your money in the nearest open fire.

50% physical gold and silver coins, 50% wide range of cryptos. Not a chance I’d be putting any of my money into any kind of fiat investment or savings vehicle.

DCPCFML:
With the direction the world and financial system is headed, I have strong doubts there’ll even be pensions in the future, public or private. You could probably achieve the same end result by chucking your money in the nearest open fire.

50% physical gold and silver coins, 50% wide range of cryptos. Not a chance I’d be putting any of my money into any kind of fiat investment or savings vehicle.

The end of…

The world is nigh.

Quick, go hide under the bed!

yourhavingalarf:

DCPCFML:

The end of…

The world is nigh.

Always a cheery word on everything, …so not only have we only 3years to live, we’re going to be financially rubber ducked before then as well.
He’s our very own Trucknet little ray of sunshine ain’t he. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

DCPCFML:

There will be pensions no doubt, but you may need proof of vaccination to access it…

JeffA:

DCPCFML:

There will be pensions no doubt, but you may need proof of vaccination to access it…

Nah - Pension returns will be much higher for the non-vaccinated as their life expectancy will be so much lower :wink:

Due to the ever increasing rise in state pension age I estimate that I will be a hundred before they give me mine. So when I reached the age of 50 I made sure that I am able to spend my private pension pots now, a nice lump sum when I took it and a weeks wages every month is a nice thing to have to pay for the treats

I brought an arc welder, gloves and a visor. If it keeps up, next week I’ll buy some lessons… :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

DCPCFML:

The end of…

The world is nigh.

Keep one’s hopes and dreams alive - and resist dying inside.:bulb:

Harry Monk:

Roymondo:
I’m “spending” mine on reducing the number of days that I work each week. I don’t do a lot of hours anyway, but reducing to four days a week should improve my work/life balance.

Similarly I’ll be able to spend less of Winter 2021/2022 at work and more time narrowboating next Summer but I am also buying a Honda CBF125 sometime in the next month. If I earn enough over the Winter I might also do a full direct access motorbike test- I could kick myself for not doing my bike test in the days when you could take a test on a Honda C50 in the morning and then jump on some 1,000cc Moto Guzzi in the afternoon.

CBF 125 are great bikes only downside is they are prone to rust which I suspect is due to them being made in India which has poor Q/A. Fantastic machines though. More than capable of cruising along at 65mph and very rarely go wrong. Add to that the mpg of like 90mpg+.

If I could afford to splash out on a bike just after getting a car I would get one. Either that or a Honda PCX 125. Equally good MPG but slightly bigger and its a twist and go scooter which I find quite fun to drive. Honda SH300 is also a great choice. looks like a cheap 50cc scooter but goes like a rocket. If I had £3000 lying around though I would probably get a Honda Forza. awesome machine for commuting.

DCPCFML:

Good luck with your coin, when your coin wont buy me anything.

Beter to be self sufficient. Or be able to barter.