Aldi delivery bays

A lot depends on how much land is available to build on,a lot of Aldi stores are small built in populated areas built for trade not a Driver delivering every now and again.There own Drivers can handle it as they are used to it on a daily basis,after all the Customer buying is Aldi`s concern

Seen one in Coventry and it’s lokks an absolute nightmare,used to drive past it often it’s a almost 90 degrees blindside with absolutely no room for error,wall one side and barriers the other…rather them than me :laughing:
And I was told they ain’t allowed to reverse off the road into car parks to access loading bays H&S BS they have to drive into the car parks then reverse into bays.

cav551:
Countrywide many of the RDCs -and notably some of the newer ones - could have been so much better if only the architects had not relied so much on computer program modelling of HGV swept paths. Fine in theory, according to geometry the vehicle will go round the corner, but that takes no account of human ability nor of any variation from the ‘standard vehicle’ used in the calculations. The stupid thing is that councils and Highways England rely on the same computer programs for road layout. I have seen the plans for the proposed addition of a left turn filter lane locally, from one look on site it is clear that most artics will be starting the manoeuvre from the same place they do currently, except if the junction is constructed then there will be a car or cyclist trapped in the filter lane.

I’ve done supermarket work and it’s a joke. Some of these architects need shooting or at the very least taught what a blind side reverse is.

And our road network is the same. Brand new islands and junctions are being constructed in massive wide open spaces and we’re still having to straddle 2 lanes to get round. The best option for us is to then shut the back door on the approach and we all now how much car drivers love that. Who do he think he is taking 2 lanes, king of the road blah blah blah.

No hope here for driving in Europe if you look at something and you ■■■■ yourself you are getting through the day on a very fine line

Apparently Tesco’s used a French architect firm which is why stores have bays for LHD…

Many councils place restrictions on supermarkets during planning, stopping them reversing off main roads.

I don’t think the architects even think about trucks backing in when they plan. My back is to a wall which runs in front of the dock (bay) at this wal mart store in the US, we drive around from the right between the building and the little wall then blindside in (left hand drive and all that) but at least we don’t have to worry about cars back there as they’re not allowed. :slight_smile:

The dishwasher tablets and cheese slices are in exactly the same place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
The dishwasher tablets and cheese slices are in exactly the same place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New fad diet?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

The 2 Aldi stores local to me, Hastings and Bexhill, both have delivery bays that use the car park entrance, at both stores crosshatched no parking areas are clearly marked to give the delivery guys room to reverse in but there is invariably a car parked on the crosshatching. The Bexhill store is blind side reverse but the Hastings store is ok (If only some idiot was not parked on the crosshatching)
IMHO no supermarket should ever be designed with the delivery bay accessed through the public car parking area!

At B&Q sidcup it’s not possible to blindside in off the road so you have to drive in to the customer car park, screw it round somewhere. Somewhere being the key word as there is no designated space to do that. Lampposts about and you sometimes to have to sit and wait until someone leaves in there car. You’ve then got to drive back out of the car park the same way you came in which is wrong way as it’s one way, so you can drive out and reverse into the yard on your good side. For a company that makes you button up your high viz at the front in their RDC it’s a H&S shambles at that store. I agree artics shouldn’t be manoeuvreing especiwlly blindside around customer car parks during opening hours.

It seems to me that most Aldi delivery bays are afterthoughts, shoehorned wherever they fit. Coop are a close second, and in some cases worse, tipping on a bus stop, or across the pavement.

One friend word ar Aldi Cardiff.He said who by rulles he must ring to store some 20 min before arrival.And reversing just with bankman.And they have some 2-3day driving assestment including reversing from both side plenty time.

Andrejs:
One friend word ar Aldi Cardiff.He said who by rulles he must ting to store dome 20 min before arrival.And reverding just with bsnkman.And they have some 2-3day driving assestment inclufing reversing from both side plenty time.

■■?

Andrejs:
One friend word ar Aldi Cardiff.He said who by rulles he must ting to store dome 20 min before arrival.And reverding just with bsnkman.And they have some 2-3day driving assestment inclufing reversing from both side plenty time.

I was told once that they are supposed to have a member of staff come out as banksman as well, but in reality that rarely happens.

Its probably more dangerous having a member of staff a banksman unless they are trained, else they vanish behind you and have no clue as to your mirror visuals.

Coop definately have loading area as afterthought and forget about other traffic. One I remember is at a bus stop and if you park there its also blocking a narrow one way street. That’s before you get to drag cages over rough ground. ;

Andrejs:
One friend word ar Aldi Cardiff.He said who by rulles he must ring to store some 20 min before arrival.And reversing just with bankman.And they have some 2-3day driving assestment including reversing from both side plenty time.

Andrejs!!

Have you been on the beer again??

I always wondered why they seem to be on a steep slope too… doesn’t that making getting cages on and off a nightmare?
I do taillift work with heavy items (200kg) and I always park as flat as I can so I’m not either Trying to stop something rolling out the back or pushing it up a slope.

109LWB:
I always wondered why they seem to be on a steep slope too… doesn’t that making getting cages on and off a nightmare?
I do taillift work with heavy items (200kg) and I always park as flat as I can so I’m not either Trying to stop something rolling out the back or pushing it up a slope.

So why not just the hight of trailer / unit to compensate

109LWB:

200kg relatively speaking is not heavy. Get yourself on pallet network stuff, drag some tonne pallets of bricks or whatever bored John has ordered off the internet for his garden out and off a taillift.

Mind you last time I pumped a pallet to the back doors (last week) it went flying off the back lol