Agency Work

Daf245:

jaustin123:
Hi, I’m just about to start my new career and about to apply for some agency work.

Does anyone know what kind Of work I will be doing first of all? Obviously I have no previous experience.

Would I be doing local work or long distance driving or would it vary?

With driver shortage chances are big pallet net company, only ones that’ll pay decent pay for agency. Saying that home delivery white goods, they need staff, bin motor local council,
AND IF YOU’RE NOT SURE ABOUT ASSIGNMENT JUST ASK THE OTHER DRIVERS I’M SURE THEY’LL HELP.
NOT SURE ASK.
Do a full damage check before you open the cab door, an report it an take a picture.
Check oil an water on evrey motor you drive.
And understand where you are going, what order you’re doing it in.
And always strap a load

I’ve returned to driving recently, signed up for an agency, I only want 2-3 days per week, but the agencies want you in full time. 10 years ago I struggled to get full weeks on agencies, now I struggle to do 2-3 days, they say if I don’t do full time they won’t use me.
Glad I’ve found a agency who has helped me get into a company as a part time driver, how times have change
Driver shortage, FAKE news, pay the wages and they will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueiain1967:
I’ve returned to driving recently, signed up for an agency, I only want 2-3 days per week, but the agencies want you in full time. 10 years ago I struggled to get full weeks on agencies, now I struggle to do 2-3 days, they say if I don’t do full time they won’t use me.
Glad I’ve found a agency who has helped me get into a company as a part time driver, how times have change
10 years ago wow, been honing you’re skills

blueiain1967:

Lightweight
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk