agency reviews

With Transline out of 20 weeks my wages have been wrong (and not in my favour ever) for 13 of those weeks.
One contract has been given an overtime pay rise from £12 TO £13.50 an hour.
Great i thought until i found out myself that they had stopped the paying the break. So you are at worst £9 a shift off. Your only better off if you do 14.75 hours+ :open_mouth:
This is all fact.

I returned to driving lorries 2 years ago, and the only way in was via an agency - signed up with 3 - but only one got back to me, and i have been with them ever since. Initially work was slow, made myself available for all the stupid 3am phone calls, and i am now near/at the top of their list. They are always polite (so am I), they do their very best to fit in with my awkward life/work pattern. wages are paid on time, and correctly, and the companies they send me to are very good, with good equipment mostly.

I cannot take a ‘full time’ job due to my awkward work/life pattern, and the Agency work is just what i need - so a win/win situation.

I did hear last year, that if a company have an Agency driver in to do a job, they can, for a period of time, claim some of the cost back from the government du to ‘reducing the unemployed’ - no idea if that is true?

“The agencies days are numbered,firms need to cut back to survive”…

thats why companies used agencies so they could reduce staff numbers
and get in agency for the peak periods

hitch:
“The agencies days are numbered,firms need to cut back to survive”…

thats why companies used agencies so they could reduce staff numbers
and get in agency for the peak periods

That was what i meant basically,at the end of the day we have all seen it coming…

anyone along the M8 corridor should consider nasscotland.com for agency work. i have been with them for 3 years now and im happy with the service they provide. they know the drivers and will back us up when problems arise. rates are good for class 1 and have not been changed even though they have dropped their rates with the clients. they are trying to keep drivers wages as they are by absorbing the costs themselves. good bunch of guys in the office and the managing director is a top guy too. i cant fault them and im a picky sod :smiley: