Aerial banner

alexsaville:
I posted on ‘Old Time Lorries’ etc and I notice it’s shunted onto ‘Bullys Truckstop Bar’, whatever that is.
Are the Moderators frightened of Democracy? If so why not close down Trucknet, or is the revenue stream more valuable than Democracy?

Alex

Anything not truck related goes here.

alexsaville:
I posted on ‘Old Time Lorries’ etc

Hi alexsaville,

A fair question, so here goes…

The Forum Index Page:
OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS
… … This forum is for us all to indulge in a little nostalgia and remember with rose coloured glasses how much better it was in the olden days …

A moderator moved the topic for being… off topic in that forum.

alexsaville:
… and I notice it’s shunted onto ‘Bullys Truckstop Bar’, whatever that is.

Some of the guys who only post in the Old Time Forum seem to think they can just plonk stuff in there that might better belong in another forum.

Here’s what belongs in Bully’s Bar:

The Forum Index Page also:
BULLY’S TRUCKSTOP BAR
The place to unwind, tell a few tall tales, talk football, discuss news, even chat about the weather … anything BUT TRUCKING !!!

Here’s a link to the Forum Index Page:

Trucknet UK (Give it a try!!)

alexsaville:
Are the Moderators frightened of Democracy?

Understandable if the whole thing had been completely deleted, but that wasn’t the case.

alexsaville:
If so why not close down Trucknet, or is the revenue stream more valuable than Democracy?

Alex

Sorry Alex, but I’m completely missing the point you’re trying to make here. :frowning:

The “revenue stream” (your words) is unaltered by whichever forum a topic is in. :confused:

…unless you think we charge you more for posting in Bully’s Bar rather than in the Old Time Forum? :confused:

Thinking of “revenue stream,” just how much was your last TN membership renewal? :grimacing:

BTW Alex, this is a Feedback type of question, so we could have moved it to… The Feedback Forum, but that might have attracted another complaint. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: Carryfast got this one spot-on, and he manged it with a single sentence. :open_mouth: :wink: :grimacing:

Although I contribute to the ‘Old Timer’s’ forum myself…(being at the junior end of that category :laughing: ) , I think one or two on there see that forum as some kind of exclusive club, that should be left alone to it’s regular contributors only, and that basically anything goes.

I personally see why the thread was moved, it is/was more fitting with Bully’s, .and I can’t see any way how moving it, de.values the original post or subject in any way, or how moving it can be equated to contravening ‘forum democracy’ tbh. :neutral_face:

No offence to the guy who complained, just felt I would stick my neb in. :blush: :laughing:

Junior contributor! ^^^ I can’t even spell the snorting noise that came out of me then! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Junior contributor! ^^^ I can’t even spell the snorting noise that came out of me then! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Young in me head mate…young in me head. :smiley:

Btw…Think my Aerial.Bender gag was a bit too subtle for some on here and way above their heads…my talents are wasted in a ■■■■ truck. :laughing:

In response to dieseldave.

Thank for your response.
In the past numerous topics have been on ‘OLD TIME’ etc ranging from the Scottish Independence Referendum, the EU Referendum to the General Election with a whole host of others in-between. None of them were ever moved to another location.
I ask myself why this particular subject has been singled out and can only come to one conclusion, PC!

‘Some of the guys’…!
If it wasn’t for ‘Some of the Guys’ the forum would be much poorer and the content diluted, Dennis (Bewick) for example has contributed much to the ‘OLD TIME’ content and has enhanced that area.
If he and others who have contributed decide to go Trucknet will be much poorer.
You mention that ‘Bully’s Truckstop Bar’ is the place for ‘Discuss News’, I noticed that when you pulled Dennis’s original topic regarding the WLM banner it was removed to ‘Bully’s’ with no access to that area, was that to stop any discussion on the subject? I suggest it was, the reason being again PC.

Are the moderators afraid of Democracy?
It wasn’t deleted but was also not allowed to go to the top of the topics page like all the other topic’s and sat in the middle just like the Aerial Banner topic. Why is that?
Considering the matters discussed on the ‘Professional Drivers’ section of Trucknet it seems double standards apply.
The topic wasn’t deleted, it was just ‘re-directed’ without mentioning the subject or that it was being re-directed.

Revenue Stream
You say you are missing the point, the point is this, was the subject matter deemed to perhaps potentially offend your advertisers and that is why this single topic was given attention.
As to your comment about ‘How much was my last TN membership renewal’ my response is you wouldn’t dare charge for access as the site would be empty overnight.
What seems to be forgotten here is that ‘Trucknet’, like Truck & Driver’ is supposed to represent the views of Drivers past & present. That’s the Prime Reason for Trucknet being here.
Either it is or it isn’t!

robroy:

the maoster:

Young in me head mate…young in me head. :smiley:

Btw…Think my Aerial.Bender gag was a bit too subtle for some on here and way above their heads…my talents are wasted in a [zb] truck. :laughing:

Definitely on the junior end Rob , a friend of mine in his 70s does part time tanker training and his latest gig is a refresher for an 83 year old driver . Silly old sod , frightened of being at home with ‘er indoors all day .