aec

Possibly my old man when working for Greenwoods at Edmonton, not his lorry but was a spare in the depot.
It looks like a part load of doors out of the Magnet joinery at Grays Essex where they were on contract.
Steve.

10403649_10206509864773987_2318780406779113431_n.jpeg

Just come across this:
camionesclasicos.com/FORO/vi … 83&t=13886

Anyone have any info on Barreiros/AEC collaboration?

[zb]
anorak:
Just come across this:
camionesclasicos.com/FORO/vi … 83&t=13886

Anyone have any info on Barreiros/AEC collaboration?

Yes, it’s been well documented. See “AEC Lorries in the Post-War Years”.

AEC Mandator mark V tractor brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.

Thanks for the AEC MK5 Mandator info Dean.I have fond memories of them as I had one on market work late 60s,ex Leathers Chemicals Bradford,AKU 384B.
A E Evans ran a couple,here’s a photo of one,ex Mobiloil MGY 127D,the unusual config was to get sufficient axle spread for 32 t gross. The regular driver was from Barking and it could catch pigeons.It either had the AV691 or the 2AV690,can’t remember,always looked immaculate.

evans155.jpg

Some GM6 Marshals (and later versions) for the tipper boys.

A 1975 registered ‘Ergomatic’ cabbed AEC operated by G.K.N. (Guest Keen and Nettlefolds}.

ERF-NGC-European:

I remember Pointer Transport very well,they must have been the biggest haulier in East Anglia at one time.I believe they had a depot in Holland as well.

Straight out my boyhood. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

Pointer Punctilious Pullage. Cream n green ?

Just crossed my mind- I well remember various versions of the Mk3s and of course the Mk5s but in the logical progression of model numbers one would expect to see Mk4s. I’ve never even heard of a Mk4, let alone seen one or, even less likely, driven one. Was it an export-only model or did the factory, for some reason, skip the “4” designation? Someone among all our experts MUST know! :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Just crossed my mind- I well remember various versions of the Mk3s and of course the Mk5s but in the logical progression of model numbers one would expect to see Mk4s. I’ve never even heard of a Mk4, let alone seen one or, even less likely, driven one. Was it an export-only model or did the factory, for some reason, skip the “4” designation? Someone among all our experts MUST know! :laughing:

There was never officially a MK4 Mammoth Major ROF,but some people classed the “tin front” MK3 as a MK4 which was really just a tarted up normal cabbed MK3.Not sure if there was a MK4 AEC bus though………….

I believe that there were experimental or prototype MK IVs in the AEC bus and lorry range, but the only MK IV to reach production was the Regal IV single deck bus.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … IV_ECW.jpg

Curiously there was no Regal V, only an export Regal VI.

Thanks, chaps. No wonder I didn’t see any!

A few AEC’s pictured around Manchester in the 1960’s

Hyde Road Gorton 1965. (Click on picture for wide screen version)

Mancunian Way1969.

Gibbon Street 1965.

Parked outside Ardwick Methodist Church 1966.

Radnor Street Hulme Manchester 1963.

Blackley Road Manchester 1965

Hi Paul, another great batch of photos as always. :smiley:
I wonder if John Stanfield recognises the last photo as being taken outside 1066 Rochdale Road, Blackley as it’s just up the road from Jim Bacon’s old yard.

AEC%20Blackely%20Rd%201965-001.jpg

Regards Steve.

Those are great old photos.
That’s an ICI AEC Mandator in second photo,not sure if it’s carrying ICI petrol or chemicals.

moomooland:

Hello moomooland ,who is the owner of the AEC Mogul ? ,i think MJ Parry of Bayston Hill nr Shrewsbury had one <thank you Trevor