aec

Ex Spiers of Melksham. Chris

National Coal Board coal injection trials.

Co-op AEC Mammoth Major in Chesterfield in 1977

adr:
Ex Spiers of Melksham. Chris

Whats the story here is it going to be restored?

I’m strangely attracted to this gal!

deleted.

I’ll fight you for her. :smiley:
Loving the heater control.
Look at the mirrors and the single wiper.

What a fabulous old work horse, a proper lorry for proper drivers.
:smiley:

E&F Beatie from Ardwick M/chester SNE891 with driver Sylvestor Fagan who was a neighbour of ours in the 60s I used to go with Syl to the colleries in Yorkshire somtimes during school hols when my Dad was on local work around Manchester.This motor eventually finished up with local haulier James Bacon from Blackley M/chester. (Without going back I may have put these photos on before my apologies if I have)

003.jpg

SNE891 When it was owned by James Bacon Ltd.

coomsey:

That would be one Plod would be pulling in as it toils up Archway, that is if it could even be seen through all the clouds of black! It would probably never be seen coming down Archway because the driver knows he could never stop it. A real gallon of oil a day motor, we can see it’s puking it out all over the axle. Tyres are probably bald on t’other side. The driver’s window won’t stay up so it will be Army greatcoat on in the winter. Oh and it needs a shove up the arse in the mornings to get it going.

But it’s a real gem what a shame we can’t see that as it is on the London to Brighton, it’d knock all the shiny pampered ones into a cocked hat.

grumpy old man:

cav551:

coomsey:

That would be one Plod would be pulling in as it toils up Archway, that is if it could even be seen through all the clouds of black! It would probably never be seen coming down Archway because the driver knows he could never stop it. A real gallon of oil a day motor, we can see it’s puking it out all over the axle. Tyres are probably bald on t’other side. The driver’s window won’t stay up so it will be Army greatcoat on in the winter. Oh and it needs a shove up the arse in the mornings to get it going.

But it’s a real gem what a shame we can’t see that as it is on the London to Brighton, it’d knock all the shiny pampered ones into a cocked hat.

Sounds a bit like my missis. Still got me eye on both of them tho :laughing:

coomsey:

grumpy old man:

Nice to know I were a proper driver then.
This were my regular MK3 at A E Evans 1969 -1970,shown parked up at end of life at Sheffield. 11.3 engine and six speed box,5 x 800 gallon s/s tank,tramped all over country in her and apart from odd injector pipe blowing never let me down.A Pod Robinson photo.

evans4.jpg

Chris Webb:

coomsey:

grumpy old man:

This were my regular MK3 at A E Evans 1969 -1970,shown parked up at end of life at Sheffield. 11.3 engine and six speed box,5 x 800 gallon s/s tank,tramped all over country in her and apart from odd injector pipe blowing never let me down.A Pod Robinson photo.

They stand well Chris. Cheers Coomsey

Chris Webb:

coomsey:

grumpy old man:

With my knees and aching bones I’d have struggle getting mounted on a Mk 3 now, I’d need a Stannah stairlift. :cry:

grumpy old man:

Chris Webb:

coomsey:

grumpy old man:

With my knees and aching bones I’d have struggle getting mounted on a Mk 3 now, I’d need a Stannah stairlift. :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

An interesting Mk 3 Mammoth Major with a combined flat/tipper body.The flat body has removable side raves which are replaced by 4’ 6" high side sections & posts bolted to the underframe outriggers. Turners used it as a tipper during the comparatively short sugar beet season & as a flat on general haulage for the rest of the year

my dad had this from new

IMG_20150120_100828.jpg

jeffrey ellener:
my dad had this from new

Hiya,
I would fight Chris Webb for a go in this and he’s years younger than me.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

jeffrey ellener:
my dad had this from new

Hiya,
I would fight Chris Webb for a go in this and he’s years younger than me.
thanks harry, long retired.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You two had better keep yer elbows in, that Mk5 is MINE, MINE, I SAY! :wink: :wink:

Ilkeston Marshal.jpg