aec

I think i will be nipping down to Newark on sunday to the AEC Society annual rally .The work these preservers do should be applauded

leylandlover:
I hope Dennis does not spot the sheeting on that Trowbridge AEC :open_mouth:

Hiya “LL” now I’m already in the ■■■■ on Bully’s Truck Stop for my Un-PC comments so all I will say about the Trowbridge sheeting and roping is that the Lad that did it was probably doing his best and although his effort may have been acceptable to Trowbridge it most certainly wouldn’t have been for me! Am I allowed to say that! or would I have been forced to accept this low standard in the spirit of PC 'ness ! But well done! at least the trailer was “covered”—in the yard ! Cheers Bewick.

Note, Make sure you sign the official secrets act before you view the picture below…

Half cabbed AEC Mandator MkV pictured delivering a nuclear warhead for the Vulcan Bomber waiting on the runway.

moomooland:
Note, Make sure you sign the official secrets act before you view the picture below…

0Half cabbed AEC Mandator MkV pictured delivering a nuclear warhead for the Vulcan Bomber waiting on the runway.

B/1 = Bomber Command One Group,HQ was at Bawtry in those days. That base could be either Scampton or Waddington,I was at Scampton 1966-67 and demobbed from there.

Chris Webb:

moomooland:

0Half cabbed AEC Mandator MkV pictured delivering a nuclear warhead for the Vulcan Bomber waiting on the runway.

B/1 = Bomber Command One Group,HQ was at Bawtry in those days. That base could be either Scampton or Waddington,I was at Scampton 1966-67 and demobbed from there.

There was one of these half cab Mandators preserved at the RAF Museum at Hendon. They had stronger springs on the nearside to handle the weight of the missile and to keep the Mandator on an even keel.

(From previous page)

moomooland:
(From previous page)

And photo complete with an RAF David Brown tractor. :grimacing:

moomooland:

It looks like it’s a bit more than just a ‘warhead’. :wink:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Steel_%20missile%20

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
(From previous page)

And photo complete with an RAF David Brown tractor. :grimacing:

Is the chap with the dog from the RAF regiment ? Cheers Dennis.

Carryfast:

What ever it is i wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of it. :astonished:

As regards the dog i would imagine he is part of the aerodrome’s military security.

Split screen export model.

moomooland:

Carryfast:

What ever it is i wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of it. :astonished:

As regards the dog i would imagine he is part of the aerodrome’s military security.

It’s a Blue Steel missile on the Mandator and the dog handler is RAF Police not RAF regiment Dennis.

Here’s a bit of mixed bag…

AEC 690 mixer Continental stand 1967 International Motor Show Brussels..jpg

moomooland:

The Mammoth Major was a V8 and BRS ran it. I would liked to have had a drive of that or any AEC V8 come to that. :smiley:

A lovely restored AEC Mercury.

Plus a AEC Matador in the Birkenhead Brewery livery

moomooland:

I’d give the V8 MM a go, preferably with the semi gearbox in it

A E Evans ran a nearly 100% AEC fleet when I was there 1969-79,all secondhand of course.I got the first new tractor unit they bought,a Marathon 1976.
A couple of photos of my old pal Gordon Howarths’ Mandator in BP Chemicals Baglan Bay.YWW 983G was an ex LPG Morley unit and Evans bought it in 1972,still running in 1979.6000 gallon tank.
We did quite a lot of work out of Baglan Bay,toluene,styrene and vinyl acetate,Sheffield depot usually getting Ellesmere Port,Northwich,Stalybridge,Knottingley,Whitehaven and Immingham,although you could be sent anywhere,like Felixstowe,Hythe or Poole.

The 3-axled MK5 tractor unit - a Mammoth Minor I suppose - was a cut down 8-legger and reg’d in 1970 AYH 701H for 32t gross on 5 axles. I took this particular wagon into Baglan Bay to load for Stallingborough sometime in late 1970 and it was surrounded by amazed Wincanton,Hemphill and Coastal Roadways drivers who had far newer tackle. :laughing: :laughing:

evans9.jpg

evans156.jpg

Chris Webb:
A E Evans ran a nearly 100% AEC fleet when I was there 1969-79,all secondhand of course.I got the first new tractor unit they bought,a Marathon 1976.
A couple of photos of my old pal Gordon Howarths’ Mandator in BP Chemicals Baglan Bay.YWW 983G was an ex LPG Morley unit and Evans bought it in 1972,still running in 1979.6000 gallon tank.
We did quite a lot of work out of Baglan Bay,toluene,styrene and vinyl acetate,Sheffield depot usually getting Ellesmere Port,Northwich,Stalybridge,Knottingley,Whitehaven and Immingham,although you could be sent anywhere,like Felixstowe,Hythe or Poole.

The 3-axled MK5 tractor unit - a Mammoth Minor I suppose - was a cut down 8-legger and reg’d in 1970 AYH 701H for 32t gross on 5 axles. I took this particular wagon into Baglan Bay to load for Stallingborough sometime in late 1970 and it was surrounded by amazed Wincanton,Hemphill and Coastal Roadways drivers who had far newer tackle. :laughing: :laughing:

I went to the AEC rally at Newark last sunday and i was looking through the 1000s of AEC photos for sale and i came across an E registration Mandator Ergo of A E Evans

ramone:

Chris Webb:

I went to the AEC rally at Newark last sunday and i was looking through the 1000s of AEC photos for sale and i came across an E registration Mandator Ergo of A E Evans

Was it this one Ramone? I think the photo may be one of Bubbleman’s.It was based at Swansea int 70s where we had three drivers.

evans31.jpg