Advice please

I had this senario on my artic test in 1988 … during the morning rush

Got to traffic lights intending to go road ahead which crossed a dual carriageway and the traffic opposite had filled up the road opposite so I could not go without blocking one side of the dual

Every time my lights were green the road opposite was full and when they turned to red the road opposite cleared a bit but got filled again from other traffic turning right into it from the dual

15 minutes I waited and when I finally go across the DSA examiner said that if I had gone then it would have been a test fail because I would have caused an obstruction as the dual lights went green

Interesting thread explaining a very tricky problem. Seems you can only do what’s right and then what’s best from one’s own judgement at the time.

Atleast you’re not on your test even though fines and points aren’t welcome either.

Thankyou for replies, I haven’t received a fine as of yet but any fines we do receive we pay ourselves. I can’t see any other way I could have done this differently as rog has pointed out, if I’d waited any long it would be causing an obstruction an I’d be in deep ■■■■ anyway with amount of CCTV in London it’s a lose/lose situation. I’ve recently been told that the video evidence is viewed by officers before fines are issued so I’m hoping they understand getting a artic across a road in rush hour is different to getting a car over, I’m sure these people are trained to know who’s genuine ( I believe I am ) an who’s just pushing there way across.