Advice following accident

nightline:
If you want to give your private car insurance a reason to screw you then be my guest, its nothing to do with them its a separate data base so what your have been told is by people who were stupid…

Sorry but haven’t you been schooled at length on this before?

If it’s a separate database explain how when I queried my record on the database, a work accident showed up? That work accident was a non-fault and I didn’t give my address at the scene either but it found its way on there for all my future private car insurers to see.

You will probably only find out you’re wrong if you have fully comp then have a big fault accident, that’s when the “oh, you didn’t declare a few accidents, so you don’t have the coverage you thought you had” comes in to play.

irrespective of what lies you tell your insurer to get whatever cover you desire then the only negative aspect in the event of a major claim is that you may or may not get as much as you want for your own personal car.
every third party that claims against you will be fully covered to the same extent as if you had no insurance whatsoever.
its only you personally and your car that may not be paid out 100% but everyone else will be even if the insurers dip into the common fund to do so.
do the maths and decide at that point whether to tell them nothing about any truck/work accidents whatsoever.

Rowley010:

switchlogic:
I never give my personal address at the scene of a accident in the truck. Always give companies address and just put my name down as the driver

The way you’ve worded it sounds like your often at the scene of an accident they you’ve been involved in :laughing:

There’s been ‘a few’ :wink:

I was an over confident moron in my younger years

This is a standard ploy by insurance companies to jolly along payments .
One insurance company drags its feet over settlement so the other company fires off a letter demanding payment to the other driver in the knowledge that he will rant at the insurance company demanding that they sort it out .
Since the insurance companies became almost self regulatory they have become a bunch of shysters .
It is the main reason I stopped working in the admin side of the bodyshop business. I couldn’t deal with all the lying and double standards from the insurance companies and especially insurance assesors.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk