ADR regs

scania245:
hazard a guess airbag detonaters.

Hi scania245, that’s a distinct possibility mate, because…

UN 0503 AIR BAG INFLATORS or AIR BAG MODULES or SEAT-BELT PRETENSIONERS are all 1.4G

But some fireworks and some types of aerial flares are also 1.4G.

Dave’s strange, but true…
Once said inflators, modules or pretensioners are assembled into components, such as steering columns or door panels, they drop into UN Class 9 PGIII, but AREN’T subject to ADR in any amount. Nor is a completed vehicle, otherwise car-transporter drivers would need ADR cos of the dangerous goods used in the manufacture of the cars they carry.

dieseldave:

scania245:

UN 0503 AIR BAG INFLATORS or AIR BAG MODULES or SEAT-BELT PRETENSIONERS are all 1.4G

Once said inflators, modules or pretensioners are assembled into components, such as steering columns or door panels, they drop into UN Class 9 PGIII, but AREN’T subject to ADR in any amount. Nor is a completed vehicle, otherwise car-transporter drivers would need ADR cos of the dangerous goods used in the manufacture of the cars they carry.

Yaawwn! :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Dunno then?:

dieseldave:

scania245:

Sorry about making you yawn mate, but nobody here made you read it. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Ummmm, before I went off on my jolly, I had a call from an Agency in Ipswich asking if I had Class 1 on my ADR cos he might have had some work for me. :frowning: Phew, that was a close call :unamused:

dieseldave:

Dunno then?:

dieseldave:

scania245:

Sorry about making you yawn mate, but nobody here made you read it. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

This is true. :smiley:

But after 11 posts on one subject,. :smiley: :smiley:

Dunno then?:

dieseldave:

Dunno then?:

dieseldave:

scania245:

But after 11 posts on one subject,you must admit it,you are a bit hard to get rid of. :smiley: :smiley:

Why would you want to get rid of me?

If you re-read the posts, the 11 were clarifications or answers to other questions from other posters.

If you’d like a shot at answering the questions, I’ll happily move over for you. :wink:

dieseldave:

Dunno then?:

dieseldave:

Dunno then?:

dieseldave:

scania245:

But after 11 posts on one subject,you must admit it,you are a bit hard to get rid of. :smiley: :smiley:

Why would you want to get rid of me?

If you re-read the posts, the 11 were clarifications or answers to other questions from other posters.

If you’d like a shot at answering the questions, I’ll happily move over for you. :wink:

Why do you equate any question about ADR as a personal challenge??

Dunno then?:
Why do you equate any question about ADR as a personal challenge??

Have you read my signature?
I do my best to help folks understand a complicated set of Regs by answering their questions.

As dave has all the EXPERIENCE works in this field , and is a good an well respected source of sound advice .
youre point is what muppet.

dieseldave:

Carryfast:

dieseldave:

Lycanthrope:
1.4 is pathetic stuff that only makes fires burn more intensely :wink:

Hi Lycanthrope, Sorry mate but ADR’s definition of 1.4 is at odds with yours…

Is’nt that a good description of Amonium Nitrate being that it’s an oxidiser :question:

Hi Carryfast, it certainly is mate. :smiley:

Carryfast:
:open_mouth: Which brings us back to that old story of the Texas City Explosion :open_mouth: :laughing:

Aargh!! not that again! :wink: :grimacing:

That’s what they said when the High Flyer blew up after the Grandcamp. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Just thought the thread needed a bit of cheering up as some seemed to be getting a bit bored and upset with airbag detonators. :smiley:

The signatures on this forum say a lot about the posters :laughing:

All my three are now out of hospital with varying injuries from a broken neck & skull, one in a full body brace and another with a broken collar bone, if it was football it would be the end of their career, they would have drowned in a sea of tears!

These lads will be out testing the week after next :laughing: