About time!

Squiddy:

MrHappy:

Squiddy:
I hate cyclists unless I am on a bike myself, then it’s all the other traffic that are zb’s :laughing:

Nothing wrong with running red lights if it’s safe to do so. The only reason other vehicles don’t do it is because they have a registration plate that can be photo’d and used to trace the driver.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. So would it be ok for a cyclist to ride down the side of your vehicle, scratch it right down the side with the handlebars, then ride off safe in the knowledge that without the registration plate you couldn’t trace them? The difference is the same, both scenarios are against the law, so where do you draw the line? Obey the law regardless of the vehicle you’re in charge of.

This post is a wind up surely

The only time I have ever had a cyclist make contact with my vehicle was in London. He cycled head first in to my n/s mirror and fell off. When he got up he appologised. :laughing:

As for running a red light… How many times have you been stopped at a pedestrian crossing and there are no pedestrians crossing? If I’m on my bike I will take a good look around and if there is no one on or near the crossing I will continue with my journey. Even Borris Johnson condones this for cyclists. The main difference is if I make an error of judgement and fail to see a pedestrian, the worst that will happen is 100kg of bike and rider will collide with a pedestrian at a low speed and either harsh words will be exchanged or some cuts and grazes. If a 1000kg car fails to see a pedestrian then it gets nasty. If a 20000kg truck fails to see a pedestrian it gets fatal.

Tell that to the wife of a driver at my work who’s husband was killed by a cyclist jumping a red light as her husband crossed the road. The cyclist knocked him flying and he hit his head on the kerb and died.
RTA applies to ALL road users.