A75 in the headlines again for all the wron reasons

+2.
Dutchman driving like a complete prick…fact, overtaking on a dangerous bit, and going for it a second time.

(It does not matter a ■■■■ if Earpieceman was driving to the speed limit for that road… like it or not he’s the guy who is going to walk away in a court of law if Cloggy had gone down on a death by dangerous driving charge for killing some poor sod. :bulb: ) …ok we know he didn’t but just making a point, so no ‘‘kittens and puppies’’ comments eh?)

IF the other guy did accelerate to stop him getting in (although not convinced) he’s an even bigger prick also.

I’m the first to admit I do see red when being cut in on, and I have had verbals with a couple if met later on services :blush: as it really does ■■■■ me, but starting an actual fight over it? :open_mouth:

I was taught a long time ago by an ex Royal Marine who knew what he was on about, … if you’re going to ‘‘have a go’’ in any scenario, always weigh up the opposition and make SURE in your mind you aint gonna come second :bulb: .
Evidently Eaerpieceman didn’t and ended up looking a complete dil. :unamused:

Theres a very simple rule for the 75 and its an easy one to learn -
"If your not flat out your only f***ing about "
Very simple get the foot down or get out of the way .
On another note - 75 related I have worked out that if you can hit the spped operated cameras in the village doing over 50 you’ll be through them before the yellow light turns red :wink:

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^
and there was me blissfully unaware that i was a hero resident or otherwise.
the flower cloggies are always boat traffic so whatever way their heading there chasing a ferry anyway?
id have thought you would have been aware of that being a resident pedantic… :confused:

That contradicts your other post:

dieseldog999:
its valentines day next week…them flowers need to make the boat…another A75 daily non event.

Seeing as he’s driving away from the ferry port, I suspect he’s already completed his delivery. :grimacing:

Cairnryan or Hull he will have flowers on , that need to make a boat . Beleive it or not there are flowers leaving Ireland for the markets in Holland as well as flowers coming back to Ireland as well . Hope that clears that up for you .

beefy4605:
Theres a very simple rule for the 75 and its an easy one to learn -

Rightly or wrongly you’re correct in the ‘‘real world’’ unfortunately mate . :neutral_face:
You take your chance and hope for best, …but ffs not to the extent of driving like a complete ■■■■ on crack like some of the ■■■■ clowns on there. :unamused:
As my Granda used to poetically and very eleqouently put it ‘‘There’s a big difference between ■■■■■■■■ and ripping your arse out’’ :smiley:

I’ve been on that road in the past rushing for the Irish boat, or worse coming off it and then rushing for Hull night boat, and you can’t hang about,.and you’ll never make these 100 mile radius guys understand that.

However nowadays I’m mainland UK only, so I sit at speed limit on there, BUT…always let the others in a rush get past me asap, and deffo not be a complete arsewipe holding them all up on purpose …like some of em. :unamused:

beefy4605:
Cairnryan or Hull he will have flowers on , that need to make a boat

There are more than one or boats a month from those ports. If he doesnt make one boat he can make the next. Flowers have a limited life tis true, but in a dark fridge it isnt as time critical as some suggest. And no-one died from having their flowers last 12 days instead of 14. If a contract needs` a driver to rush like an idiot, to avoid time penalties? Get an idiot of a driver to fulfill it then. Job done.

beefy4605:

See above. It takes no skill, driving ability or brains to plant the right boot down all the time.
No need to plan overtakes, just try to side swipe a truck or car to cover your bad judgement. Too frightened of losing face to back it off a notch?

How many of the heroes of this road think they are some sort of rebel fighting the cops? Ill bet some employers are laughing all the way to the bank. Yeah, keep up the myth of the romance of being an outlaw. Some of you are proving that cowboys aint all dead yet.

Franglais:

beefy4605:
Cairnryan or Hull he will have flowers on , that need to make a boat

There are more than one or boats a month from those ports. If he doesnt make one boat he can make the next. Flowers have a limited life tis true, but in a dark fridge it isnt as time critical as some suggest. And no-one died from having their flowers last 12 days instead of 14. If a contract needs` a driver to rush like an idiot, to avoid time penalties? Get an idiot of a driver to fulfill it then. Job done.

beefy4605:

See above. It takes no skill, driving ability or brains to plant the right boot down all the time.
No need to plan overtakes, just try to side swipe a truck or car to cover your bad judgement. Too frightened of losing face to back it off a notch?

How many of the heroes of this road think they are some sort of rebel fighting the cops? Ill bet some employers are laughing all the way to the bank. Yeah, keep up the myth of the romance of being an outlaw. Some of you are proving that cowboys aint all dead yet.

Yep…that’s also right unfortunately.
I said before having been in similar situations myself, I’ll do my best to let these guys past at every opportunity if and when it’s safe.
What I don’t do is react to the ■■■■■■ hero d/heads who will try and intimidate me by being sat on my arse and even flashing their row of ■■■■ roof spots at me :unamused: even if I’m doing 50 or something (only happened a couple of times tbf) I don’t intimidate easy.
My attitude then is ‘’ ■■■■ you, if you want to bury yourself in the arse end of my trailer, carry on’’ you ■■■■ moron’’

Cue Diseldog with his fishing rod and wind ups. :wink: :laughing:

Franglais:
There was NO lane 2 ! He was overtaking across double whites.
If the camera truck accelerated (I only see him as being a constant distance from the car he is following) that is a fault.
Saying a car was “pushing him to go faster” or whatever is ridiculous, and it has disappeared during the overtake.
Overtaker seems to be able to get into lane, but chooses to do a second illegal overtake!?
He went for a bad and illegal first overtake, and didnt abort it when went belly up. He went for second bad and illegal overtake. He is a plonker of the premier division. If the camera truck did accelerate during the overtake, that is totally wrong, but doesnt explain why the overtaker didn`t back off and pull in. No sign of any tailgating car anywhere, and the overtaker being concerned for the safety of another road user seems a bit far-fetched given his on screen performance.

What happens after 20sec mark, I wont comment on. Ill leave that to Harry Carpenter…or Deborah Bull.

If the incident took place where I think then it coming to the end of an uphill overtaking lane Van Vliet have generous limiters and run light DW man could have just eased her back a bit at the base of the climbing lane let Van Vliet go past and then for the rest of the 75 be safe in the knowledge that Van Vliet is going to rattle the police rather than him, if someone is running faster let them go makes it easier for yourself

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
There was NO lane 2 ! He was overtaking across double whites.
If the camera truck accelerated (I only see him as being a constant distance from the car he is following) that is a fault.
Saying a car was “pushing him to go faster” or whatever is ridiculous, and it has disappeared during the overtake.
Overtaker seems to be able to get into lane, but chooses to do a second illegal overtake!?
He went for a bad and illegal first overtake, and didnt abort it when went belly up. He went for second bad and illegal overtake. He is a plonker of the premier division. If the camera truck did accelerate during the overtake, that is totally wrong, but doesnt explain why the overtaker didn`t back off and pull in. No sign of any tailgating car anywhere, and the overtaker being concerned for the safety of another road user seems a bit far-fetched given his on screen performance.

What happens after 20sec mark, I wont comment on. Ill leave that to Harry Carpenter…or Deborah Bull.

If the incident took place where I think then it coming to the end of an uphill overtaking lane Van Vliet have generous limiters and run light DW man could have just eased her back a bit at the base of the climbing lane let Van Vliet go past and then for the rest of the 75 be safe in the knowledge that Van Vliet is going to rattle the police rather than him, if someone is running faster let them go makes it easier for yourself

How far do you take that logic?
If the V-V wasnt on a high limiter he wouldnt have even been that far up.
If he was running fast he was “in front of himself” anyway.
If a truck is on a high limiter, running light and still cant make a clean overtake, he needs to back off or get an even higher speed set. And that is the point here I think: there is no speed fast enough for this un. He wants it all, and then some more. He isn`t content with safe overtakes due to a higher speed etc, he is after everything.
If camera truck backs off a bit that lets V-V in, but maybe another fool would just follow V-V blindly. Should all but the fastest and lightest just park up?

Im exaggerating what youre saying of course.

Yeah, Ill back off to let a selfish idiot in to avoid the aggro, but that doesnt mean he is anything but a dangerous fool, expecting others to make up for his lack of ability.

Own Account Driver:

eurotrans:
I believe van vliet used to have some Irish lads on for them so he probably knows the road pretty well, didn’t see any nuns or kittens getting hurt just a 40mph plobber that thinks he’s right and everyone else is wrong,like dd says them flowers got to make boat :grimacing:

Even now I’d say I still encounter one or two 40mph plobbers per day in England and Wales - I’ve got a little bit more time in Scotland but only a little bit.

I remember the hysterics on here, when they upped it, you’d have thought the sky was about to fall in and it was going to be instant HGV carnage on the roads everywhere. Kinda shows how you should ignore the crap and hot air people spout even when it’s a topic they ought to know a thing or two about.

I guess I’m one of those plobbers then, I don’t want to hold anyone up but my license is very important to me, I can’t do anything else, if on the A75, it will be 40 or if I’m in England, 50,but really, how much time can you shave off the journey between Carlisle and Stranraer, given its mostly dual carriageway, I would say five minutes, that’s all.
The faster you do this job, the more work that is put on you.

Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings BUT flower trucks on the 75 have always drove like ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ being involved in the aftermath o one o them smashing a local car into a tree and the kin driver running away leaving the car on fire wae two guys trapped(100yrds from my old house ) all in front of me and my family two weeks before leaving for Canada. The kin ■■■■■■■■ was overtaking traffic coming down the mouswaldbank hill on the blind corner heading west flat to the mat,. Full marks to iirc to the montys drivers that grabbed him going over the field and "helped him " back down the road to the police, I was meant to come back as a witness but the PF reconned they had enough on him without bringing me back over… a lot o us tried to get the guys out ,but the doors were jammed and the passengers legs were trapped not a day I will ever forget ever! and im sure the other drivers that saw/heard will ever either.

Sploom:

Own Account Driver:

eurotrans:
I believe van vliet used to have some Irish lads on for them so he probably knows the road pretty well, didn’t see any nuns or kittens getting hurt just a 40mph plobber that thinks he’s right and everyone else is wrong,like dd says them flowers got to make boat :grimacing:

Even now I’d say I still encounter one or two 40mph plobbers per day in England and Wales - I’ve got a little bit more time in Scotland but only a little bit.

I remember the hysterics on here, when they upped it, you’d have thought the sky was about to fall in and it was going to be instant HGV carnage on the roads everywhere. Kinda shows how you should ignore the crap and hot air people spout even when it’s a topic they ought to know a thing or two about.

I guess I’m one of those plobbers then, I don’t want to hold anyone up but my license is very important to me, I can’t do anything else, if on the A75, it will be 40 or if I’m in England, 50,but really, how much time can you shave off the journey between Carlisle and Stranraer, given its mostly dual carriageway, I would say five minutes, that’s all.

Take it you’ve never been running late for a boat then I guess.
Those 5 mins can make all the difference between getting back home or not, it aint a case of getting more work,…well it never was in my case anyway.
As I said…I do not advocate or condone driving like a complete ■■■■ either.

Mazzer2:
[

[/quote]

This every time… Your faster come on buy

robroy:

Sploom:

Own Account Driver:

eurotrans:

Those 5 mins can make all the difference between getting back home or not, it aint a case of getting more work,…well it never was in my case anyway.

No I’ve never been late for the boat, but once I get a convoy I do pull in and let them past

Sploom:
I guess I’m one of those plobbers then,

Bonus point, given you have twice asked about Irish work

Sploom:
between Carlisle and Stranraer, given its mostly dual carriageway,

You’ve never been to Stranraer, have you.

Sploom:

Not sure what road you’re talking about but there’s very little dual carriageway on the A75.
If you choose to do 40 mph that’s fine just be courteous and let faster traffic through.
It’s roughly 100 miles from Cairnryan to Gretna 56 mph vs 40 mph you can work out the time saved it’s considerably more than 5 minutes.

its not just the 5 mins saving its the fact that if you cant get far enough down in your 1st stint,you cant make the south coast boats in your 2nd stint if theres any holdups.
coming off the boat on a clear night then you can make the moss in 1 hour 46 mins or thereabouts.
sitting at 40mph you would be taking your 1st 45 in carlisle getting your mirrors refitted.
if you miss your ferry on flowers work heading in or out then the done thing for some is to run from the hook down to calais,cross over then drive back up through the night non stop to make sure your in a similar position to where you would have been had you made the boat so you can go straight for the holyhead,or cairnryan ferry and do your drops off the card before heading back out for the hull/killinghome boats again,so time is critical if you get delays.
earpiece man wasnt overtaking the cars,so he could have been not so bull minded and let the cloggy in as it is obvious he would have been passing the cars asap .
the 100 mile radius rdc mob that robroy are on about will not comprehend the difference in this type of work that suits some and not others.

robroy:

Sploom:

Own Account Driver:

eurotrans:

They just don’t get it and never will. The day shift plobber mentality is like a factory one.

As DD has pointed out too, making that boat can be the difference between a feed and a bed for the night or sending it on down the road to another way across.

I do understand about the boat and everything, BUT what is really needed is for those who plan the work allow more time, and it’s a bit unrealistic to expect to travel the whole length of England and not run into some sort of hold up.
Also, given the police presence on this road, how many hgv drivers are getting prosecuted for speeding. I’ve had a clean license the last thirty years, and not to mention, if there is a serious accident, or a fatality, you can’t tell the court you were speeding because you needed to get to the boat, or you wanted to be home for the weeken

Sploom:
I do understand about the boat and everything, BUT what is really needed is for those who plan the work allow more time, and it’s a bit unrealistic to expect to travel the whole length of England and not run into some sort of hold up.
Also, given the police presence on this road, how many hgv drivers are getting prosecuted for speeding. I’ve had a clean license the last thirty years, and not to mention, if there is a serious accident, or a fatality, you can’t tell the court you were speeding because you needed to get to the boat, or you wanted to be home for the weeken

People who don’t do this kind of work will never get it so tbh a waste of time trying to explain it as others have pointed out the difference between making a boat or not can be huge prospect of maybe having to take a 45 in the UK when you could have been at home or having to drive another shift. If someone wants to get past let them go as I said earlier makes the road safer for with regards police etc and those who drive on the 75 in such a way as to prevent overtaking are even bigger tools 30 to 40 on the bends then accelerating at every overtaking opportunity it would be interesting to see all of the D & W footage from when he joined the 75 .

Yes, I fully agree, if there is room, let them past, it’s stupid thing to accelerate, I think it’s in the highway code too, let overtaking vehicles past