A350 Shaftesbury to Blandford Forum

Our mill at Blandford closed earlier this year; I won’t miss that run specially on nights.

The correct route is first exit off the roundabout, then hang a right onto the Melbury Abbas road.
Stay on this road, dodge Doris and the Daydreamers and enjoy the slow drive.
'kin narrow in places.
DO NOT turn left to Sixpenny Handley and go up Zig Zag unless you are in car/van/bike.
The hill has just been resurfaced, but not been up it yet.
Used to be a nightmare in the wet regardless of what you were in.
But on a plus side of the hill, at the top it is fast open roads…
Cheers
Paul

the nodding donkey:
As you know now Rob, you should have followed the A30 to Luwell, done a right at the end of the village, and picked up the B3081 at to top of the road (bypassing Zigzag hill).

Yep…that’s just what I did (eventually :smiley: ) then came through a narrow village …Newtown,.past a ‘‘Tree Festival’’ :open_mouth: …exciting stuff down there eh? A tree festival ffs ! :laughing:
And turned right in a mega ■■■■ narrow sheeptrack of a road to …Chelford?
The life of a Supertrucker eh?.. None of yer ■■■■ easy Tescos for me man.
You should be swooning at my feet calling me hero :sunglasses: :laughing:

(How come you’re STILL on premod ND ■■ :open_mouth: …and all the resident clowns among us are free to post at will. :unamused: )

(How come you’re STILL on premod ND ■■ …and all the resident clowns among us are free to post at will. )
you speak for yourself rob,clown’s indeed. but like yourself I miss noddy’s blunt repartee… :frowning: :slight_smile:

Took a 40’ box to Southampton using the zig zag hill route last year due to a diversion - ain’t going to repeat that trip in a hurry :open_mouth:

m.a.n rules:
(How come you’re STILL on premod ND ■■ …and all the resident clowns among us are free to post at will. )
you speak for yourself rob,clown’s indeed. but like yourself I miss noddy’s blunt repartee… :frowning: :slight_smile:

Wasn’t referring to you bud by any means. :smiley:
We both know the ones I’m on about…although when I think about it the main one IS on premod. :neutral_face: :smiley:

(Not on about my mate Beaver either btw before he rings me. :smiley: )

if you mean the green dwarf yep gotta agree. that remind’s me I’ve got ribreye for supper :laughing: :smiley:

m.a.n rules:
if you mean the green dwarf yep gotta agree. that remind’s me I’ve got ribreye for supper :laughing: :smiley:

I wasn’t actually tbh, doze is my Trucknet mate…especially after he called Maoster an arrogant ■■■■. :laughing: :laughing:

ain’t got a clue who is on premod, but all due respect to maoster arrogance doesn’t spring to mind. I find him a very good wordsmith…

p.s. no brown nosing intended :exclamation: :slight_smile:

m.a.n rules:
ain’t got a clue who is on premod, but all due respect to maoster arrogance doesn’t spring to mind. I find him a very good wordsmith…

Nah…I agree with dozy. :laughing:
:wink:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:
As you know now Rob, you should have followed the A30 to Luwell, done a right at the end of the village, and picked up the B3081 at to top of the road (bypassing Zigzag hill).

Yep…that’s just what I did (eventually :smiley: ) then came through a narrow village …Newtown,.past a ‘‘Tree Festival’’ :open_mouth: …exciting stuff down there eh? A tree festival ffs ! :laughing:
And turned right in a mega [zb] narrow sheeptrack of a road to …Chelford?

(How come you’re STILL on premod ND ■■ :open_mouth: …and all the resident clowns among us are free to post at will. :unamused: )

They don’t dare to take me off pre-mod Rob. I wear it as a badge of honour… :grimacing:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Hmmm, methinks a re jig of my “mates” is required! Robroy you’re soooo last year. m.a.n rules is my new go to guy. :wink:

the maoster:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Hmmm, methinks a re jig of my “mates” is required! Robroy you’re soooo last year. m.a.n rules is my new go to guy. :wink:

:laughing: I’ll just drop ya then…Beaver was right about you… :smiley:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

And turned right in a mega [zb] narrow sheeptrack of a road to …Chelford?

They don’t dare to take me off pre-mod Rob. I wear it as a badge of honour… :grimacing:

:laughing:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

I wasn’t actually tbh, doze is my Trucknet mate…especially after he called Maoster an arrogant [zb]. :laughing: :laughing:

I find the moaster a very nice caring individual, especially when he’s in his yellow truck, can’t comment on robroy, have yet to have the bad-luck :slight_smile:

robroy:
Thanks guys for all the answers.

To Dan and ND, …I was following my MAP backed up with my car sat nav as a guide, ( just to clarify)… like a REAL trucker does, the type who would not dream of paying 300 [zb] quid for one of those things. (You know what? I may have said this before on here but can’t be certain :laughing: )

Now if I was blindingly following my sat nav it could have been an epic ‘Titsupday’ :smiley:
If I see that helpful friendly old guy again, I’ll buy him a pint, nice to see not everybody hates us.

Actually Rob the £300+ truckers sat nav i own (which instantly demotes me to a FAKE trucker in your opinion apparently :stuck_out_tongue: ) was instructing me to continue down the A350, but being the kind of old fashioned numpty that I am that blindly follows road signs I turned off of tomtoms advised route :astonished:

Though I’ll be honest I did seriously question that decision when I got to this bit… In the dark… With a Tesco’s double decker…

I distinctly remember muttering to myself “oh what the ■■■■ have I gone and gotten myself into now…” :laughing:

Reef:

robroy:
Thanks guys for all the answers.

To Dan and ND, …I was following my MAP backed up with my car sat nav as a guide, ( just to clarify)… like a REAL trucker does, the type who would not dream of paying 300 [zb] quid for one of those things. (You know what? I may have said this before on here but can’t be certain :laughing: )

Now if I was blindingly following my sat nav it could have been an epic ‘Titsupday’ :smiley:
If I see that helpful friendly old guy again, I’ll buy him a pint, nice to see not everybody hates us.

Actually Rob the £300+ truckers sat nav i own (which instantly demotes me to a FAKE trucker in your opinion apparently :stuck_out_tongue: ) was instructing me to continue down the A350, but being the kind of old fashioned numpty that I am that blindly follows road signs I turned off of tomtoms advised route :astonished:

Though I’ll be honest I did seriously question that decision when I got to this bit… In the dark… With a Tesco’s double decker…

I distinctly remember muttering to myself “oh what the [zb] have I gone and gotten myself into now…” :laughing:

:laughing: Everybody thinks that on their first time Reef .
In the second picture on the right you can see the remains of the landslide which closed the road for months a few years ago. This bit used to be two lanes… :sunglasses: :laughing: