A14 Monday 9th

Emergency drain work - if this is on the new bit, did someone forget something important like connecting them up?

Could imagine higher than usual number of cars using that new but just to see what its like. Plus those in all vehicles who can’t do more than follow the sat nav - “in 200 yards, turn left, crash into the fence and into the field”.

I went a bit off piste on the way back and still didn’t get any benefit, via A11, A505, M11, A428 and A1, I hit a bottleneck on the 428 after two ladies decided their car was poorly so they parked it on a grass verge near Etisely resulting in a contraflow, then on the A1 at Brampton where the new A14 meets the NB A1 someone bounced a car off the armco and across 3 lanes and hit the concrete central reservation

biggriffin:

Nite Owl:
Live A14 traffic: 11 mile queues cause hour-long delays near city centre - Cambridgeshire Live

11 mile tailback this morning caused by emergency drain work, broken down vehicle, accident and google maps!

Things going well then.

Huntingdon and Godmanchester are solid, taking 1/2 to 3/4 hour to get onside of town to the other, it’s queuing back from Brampton Hut up new A14 for 3miles… Cluster foook up.

No it wasn’t, it was queuing in the A1M on the northbound at brampton the A14 was clear.

Sent using smoke signals

lizard:

biggriffin:

Nite Owl:
Live A14 traffic: 11 mile queues cause hour-long delays near city centre - Cambridgeshire Live

11 mile tailback this morning caused by emergency drain work, broken down vehicle, accident and google maps!

Things going well then.

Huntingdon and Godmanchester are solid, taking 1/2 to 3/4 hour to get onside of town to the other, it’s queuing back from Brampton Hut up new A14 for 3miles… Cluster foook up.

No it wasn’t, it was queuing in the A1M on the northbound at brampton the A14 was clear.

Sent using smoke signals

When I came home you could see the que from Brampton, A1 north, around back up the new A14.

Lunch times incident.