A1 transport,leeds

I think that the black guy was called Dev or something similar

Goood evening men, bought my copy of Classic and vintage Commercials and on page 53 there is a Leyland Super Comet four wheeler used to be a box van and was at one time restored and painted blue it had been restored around 1999 wander why they didn’t paint it in A one colours can any one remember it/ doesn’t ring any bells , maybe a mobile workshop ■■?//

reading my magazine another old famous firm is closing down heanor haulage the henavy brigade !!! seemingly the firm didn’t go bust just fell out of love with job.

omet yet no response from anyone is there anybody alive out there.

maxhagar:

Yes Maxhagar,just got in from work,early beer time :wink:

Hi All,i am going to see a mate of mine tomorrow,Paul Day,the tyre fitter at a one,he looked after me when I first started at a one,not seen him for 8 year,he has the big C and not been too well,its his birthday tomorrow,so we are having a beer with him.Good side he has a excellent wife to look after him,keith

maxhagar:

Yes there are still some of us alive, but only just, I keep looking now and again but as you say not many looking on the A One page any more, Kieth and myself keep looking in but not many old A One drivers any more, a sad reminder of the times we live in these days, I still keep seeing a couple of our drivers, who go to Elvington when we race there on the top speed events, both Dave Smith & Billy Parky and even Peter Scollic comes, but they don’t use computers so there’s no chance we’ll see them on here. :- Jack.

keith 2:
Hi All,i am going to see a mate of mine tomorrow,Paul Day,the tyre fitter at a one,he looked after me when I first started at a one,not seen him for 8 year,he has the big C and not been too well,its his birthday tomorrow,so we are having a beer with him.Good side he has a excellent wife to look after him,keith

Hi Kieth, thanks for letting me know about Daisy, when you see him please give him my best regards, and I’m sure the other old codgers will want you to do the same for us all. :- Jack.

Hi Jack,there was me ,pete flatly and dave hooley from a one .stayed 2 hours,but he looked tired,wow wot a big famley they have,must have been 100 turned up and still more was coming in,peter was turning the clock back be for my time with the stories,good day,keith

Good afternoon men. new programme started on Monday on Quest called Supertruckers about a N Yorkshire haulage firm,I would give you its name but I cannt remember it.They are from farming originally but they have tons of wagons now. So remember Quest at 8pm on Mondays.

maxhagar:
Good afternoon men. new programme started on Monday on Quest called Supertruckers about a N Yorkshire haulage firm,I would give you its name but I cannt remember it.They are from farming originally but they have tons of wagons now. So remember Quest at 8pm on Mondays.

Metcalfs is the name , its been on a few weeks now

metcalfefarms.com/

grumpy old man:
http://www.metcalfefarms.com/

Not sure if you saw it but there was an old Harrisons Dewsbury MK111 MM8 in one of the Vintage mags this month parked in their yard

keith 2:

R-JACKO:
HELLO KEITH 2
JUST GONE THROUGH MY SCRAPBOOK CAME ACROSS SOME PICTURES YOUY MAY INTRESTED IN.I WILL POST SOME MORE IN 5 MINs

REGARDS JACKO

you could fix them with spanners in them days ,not laptops

Just looking at the mag,its 40 years I have been working on Volvos this month :unamused: started on the f88 and f86 up to this day,now they drive me bloody crazy,thats life, to much stuff on them now getting like cars,its a truck,all drivers wanted years a go was a radio and night heater ,keith

Hi anyone looking in, sad news Daisy our tyre fitter passed away last night, having suffered from Cancer, RIP Daisy from myself and all A1 drivers and staff, and condolences to Andria his wife, of 49, Greenwood Road, Wakefield, WF10 1PS.

Jack Graham:
Hi anyone looking in, sad news Daisy our tyre fitter passed away last night, having suffered from Cancer, RIP Daisy from myself and all A1 drivers and staff, and condolences to Andria his wife, of 49, Greenwood Road, Wakefield, WF10 1PS.

Hi Jack,so sad,i have lots of memories of daisy,his wedding to Andria ,when his kids was born,pot of tea with his mam and dad,stuff we got up to and lots of beers .RIP Paul,will miss you lots,keith

keith 2:

Jack Graham:

Hi Jack,so sad,i have lots of memories of daisy,his wedding to Andria ,when his kids was born,pot of tea with his mam and dad,stuff we got up to and lots of beers .RIP Paul,will miss you lots,keith

Don’t know why but I lost your phone number Keith, couldn’t get back to you to find out the date of the funeral, some of the drivers asked me but couldn’t give them the info, if you can please get back to me, I guess it’s too late by now but any info would be ok. :- Jack

Jack Graham:

keith 2:

Jack Graham:

Don’t know why but I lost your phone number Keith, couldn’t get back to you to find out the date of the funeral, some of the drivers asked me but couldn’t give them the info, if you can please get back to me, I guess it’s too late by now but any info would be ok. :- Jack

how you doing jack am still working with your dave he is suited with his new scania is they a ■■■■ up this year i will try and drag dave along with me

Hi Jack,sorry the funeral was on Wednesday,i did not go myself ,I have been in france for last 10 days ,I have just got home,i will tx you my number,keith

Small show at Huddersfield yesterday,not my picture