A1 transport,leeds

jeffrey ellener:
an old A.One wagon resurfaced on facebook Old Lost Memories page . The Atkinson that was refurbished by K2 .it’s in Queensferry Flintshire.

Hi all,sorry I did not do the refurb as such,i did the wiring and ■■■■ Corner did the rest,i had to go look for the parts for it,no internet then ,rear lights are not original .did not look right with the catwalk and wheel rims on the front,was a yard shunnter when I started in 75,jack the painter did the paint work,but the paint work in side did get done may be after the show jack had taken it to York because me and singh took it the year after,keith

snowman1:
hi jack
i worked for reg walters in 1959 and got to drive an assortment of trucks 8 wheel atkys that belonged to BCF and CNC
(UNDER AGE) and harry coates do you remember them,then when reg moved to lowfields rd then JR bought all those
4 wheeler AEC and reg and myself painted the chassis red i collected them and delivered a lot them from your old yard
in jack lane,then i started driving full time on a thames trader then on to a dodge,then onto the best job i ever had
rugby portland cement fleet of ERFs and fodens 12 years on nights,those old trucks were blxxdy cold on nights only
drove the later sed-atkys with the ■■■■■■■ engine very powerful truck and warm.happy days and nights and very good
money.
regards
sm1

Hi,do you remember my dad jimmy Wilkinson,keith

high keith 2
sorry i dont know your dad,i was only a young lad when i worked for reg in hunslet and the only time i spent in A1s yard in jack lane was swapping trucks over for reg.
happy days
regards
sm1

Sorry I’ve been away for a month, but back home to reality, nice to see Snowman and Kieth have been keeping the page going, so when I can I’ll try to put my bit in again in the future. :- Jack.

maxhagar:
An Iyone out there know a little history. Was Jmr from the north or south when did he set up Aone and where did he get his work from and where did he get his cash from, Anyone go to his house, I got to walk into his garage and load up lots of new tyres.One as onsaturda as I a day I asked him if I could get extra cash as I was using my cab as a love nest no he told me I owed him money for security and B and B,

I know a lot of history but that’s from my dad,some not to be told.went to his house lots of times,told to collect some of them tyres ,jack came to the door said its ok to go in the garage to load up next thing I see is 4 police cars and trying to drag me off the van,he had not turned the alarm off :blush: man handed me to the door tell he said its as ok , :unamused: not funny at the time,keith

Looks like the Atkinson may be on the move again . Just seen a post on facebook its coming back to Yorkshire . I’ll try and keep you posted .

Hi all,any one know if Denis Glover Bradford guy has moved to india,i know he liked goa ,thanks keith

maxhagar:
An Iyone out there know a little history. Was Jmr from the north or south when did he set up Aone and where did he get his work from and where did he get his cash from, Anyone go to his house, I got to walk into his garage and load up lots of new tyres.One as onsaturda as I a day I asked him if I could get extra cash as I was using my cab as a love nest no he told me I owed him money for security and B and B,

Hi all,i think he came from cork,he had the coal job in leeds running tippers ox bow page 7 on here,my dad and uncle brian was on the job then,went into the barns many times was full of cars ,boxes of black label wiskey,tools,at one time old moter bikes,went into his swimming pool a few times,but that’s when he was away.shorts did not fit then,bet they would now been a fat ■■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I remember ,em but don,t know much about 'em.Based east of L’pool somewhere if I remember.Nice looking motors and all that but one of those “not enough hours in T’day” outfit ,by the way they whizzed about.Think they did some market work as seem to recall piking one off in Edge Lane market,L,pool

Chris Webb:
I remember ,em but don,t know much about 'em.Based east of L’pool somewhere if I remember.Nice looking motors and all that but one of those “not enough hours in T’day” outfit ,by the way they whizzed about.Think they did some market work as seem to recall piking one off in Edge Lane market,L,pool

Definately based at Gildersome Spur Chris. They ran Tilts to Italy and in later years to Hungary.

A lot of work was from International Harvester in Doncaster using Volvo F86

keith 2:
Hi all,any one know if Denis Glover Bradford guy has moved to india,i know he liked goa ,thanks keith

Dennis is still looking down on everyone, from high-up in the control of tower cranes down London way, still as cheeky still swearing like a trouper, I think he still has a few years to go before he join us old gimmers club living off his pension. :- Jack.

Jack Graham:

keith 2:

Dennis is still looking down on everyone, from high-up in the control of tower cranes down London way, still as cheeky still swearing like a trouper, I think he still has a few years to go before he join us old gimmers club living off his pension. :- Jack.

hope he is ,will be on lots of cash in the smoke,remember my best mate mick whittard, [tubby]his dad jack a one driver[tubby club]died when the crane he was building up came down from 400 foot him and 2 other guys,RIP guys,keith

Jack Graham:

keith 2:

Denis was like marmite ,love him or hated him,i loved him to bits,i could tell so many tails that made me laugh,god knows wot he was like when he was a way with you guys over the water,keith :smiley:

Good afternoon gentle men and Les Pullan. Yesterday I got my copy of Classic and Vintage Commercials where there was a feature on Chapmans 8 wheeler reg 9669 that number will be worth a few quid . Also there is a short article about classic lorries praising the driver on his sheeting and roping and saying what a real old style general haulage company running a regular trunk service to London back in the 60s

maxhagar:
Good afternoon gentle men and Les Pullan. Yesterday I got my copy of Classic and Vintage Commercials where there was a feature on Chapmans 8 wheeler reg 9669 that number will be worth a few quid . Also there is a short article about classic lorries praising the driver on his sheeting and roping and saying what a real old style general haulage company running a regular trunk service to London back in the 60s

I put the photo on Bradford Hauliers, here it is again. Les.

lespullan:

maxhagar:

I put the photo on Bradford Hauliers, here it is again. Les.

as you know I still work on trucks ,funny how you remember wot fuse 69 is for :sunglasses: keith

Hi all,good day today,guy turned up at my at my work place and found out he is the owner of the a one Atkinson,steve flatly,best part his dad peter was a ex a one driver,wot a turn around.wot a smashing lad steve is .its back in leeds :smiley: keith

keith 2:
Hi all,good day today,guy turned up at my at my work place and found out he is the owner of the a one Atkinson,steve flatly,best part his dad peter was a ex a one driver,wot a turn around.wot a smashing lad steve is .its back in leeds :smiley: keith

Hi Keith, great to know the guy owning the Atki has some connection to A1, Pete Flatly, that’s a name I haven’t heard of for a long time, his son Steve Flatly having the red monster now, at least it has some connection with A1, even JMR would be pleased to know where it is, when I visited him in the old folks home he tried to see it to me, but still nice to know where it is. :- Jack.

Hi Jack,been been in touch with Steve again he thinks the atkie was done up in jack Robbie days,i think it was magiee days,but I could be wrong,wot year did you take it to the first York show as jmr sold out in 1988 I think,them brain cells of yours are better than mine I hope,i will send you his phone number,he is big mates with alan render,keith