A weaklings struggle with the red airline

Palm couplings/glad hands, for >insert your deity of choice < sake, they were superseded fifty years ago by superior fittings. Join the twenty-first century, Carryfast.

I found that a little dab from the dipstick. But you have to be able to find it

Optimum:
I found that a little dab from the dipstick. But you have to be able to find it

Find it? Make one more like. [emoji1787]

Star down under.:
Palm couplings/glad hands, for >insert your deity of choice < sake, they were superseded fifty years ago by superior fittings. Join the twenty-first century, Carryfast.

Really ?.
youtu.be/s542ZuWT3r4. 10.52-11.30

haldex.com/en/Europe/trailer … ling-head/

The old style palm couplings from years ago were a bloody menace, yes easy to fit and take off but equally easy for them to separate themsleves on tight turns, how many of us that used the things had the displeasure of hearing a constant hissing from behind the cab when you next braked accompanied by air pressure dropping constantly as the penny dropped that the service palm had come off during the last tight turn, fortunately where i worked the blue secondary brake line (which should be brought back) had current style fittings so you still had decent trailer braking control via the dead man.

Hopefully those who struggle with the current fittings have taken the widely accepted advice offered here, adequately lubed the fittings and found they no long need to struggle because as in all sorts of situations mechanical (and otherwise) a little decent lube helps a lot.

Juddian:
The old style palm couplings from years ago were a bloody menace, yes easy to fit and take off but equally easy for them to separate themsleves on tight turns, how many of us that used the things had the displeasure of hearing a constant hissing from behind the cab when you next braked accompanied by air pressure dropping constantly as the penny dropped that the service palm had come off during the last tight turn, fortunately where i worked the blue secondary brake line (which should be brought back) had current style fittings so you still had decent trailer braking control via the dead man.

Hopefully those who struggle with the current fittings have taken the widely accepted advice offered here, adequately lubed the fittings and found they no long need to struggle because as in all sorts of situations mechanical (and otherwise) a little decent lube helps a lot.

A jammed seized C coupling is a seperate different issue to what’s being described here of air back pressure against the shut off valve at the coupling.
Palm couplings have been and still are used safely throughout Europe and I never experienced any problems with them.
With the ease of use benefits at least since taps were banned way outweighing any issues with them.
But do agree that two line v three line is as stupid as long over hang trailers.

just carry a can of WD40 or similar and keep your red line coupler well lubed up - can also be used to keep the tensioners on your curtainsider from seizing up - work smart not hard .

Carryfast:

Juddian:

A jammed seized C coupling is a seperate different issue to what’s being described here of air back pressure against the shut off valve at the coupling.
Palm couplings have been and still are used safely throughout Europe and I never experienced any problems with them.
With the ease of use benefits at least since taps were banned way outweighing any issues with them.
But do agree that two line v three line is as stupid as long over hang trailers.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Akin to me stating I’ve never lost a patient during brain surgery.
Carryfast, I’ve reversed multi-trailer combinations, more miles than you’ll ever drive and I’ve never come across a trailer with antiquated glad hand connections.

> Carryfast:
> Palm couplings have been and still are used safely throughout Europe and I never experienced any problems with them.

Not surprised you never experienced any problems with them in Europe as you have never driven a wagon there.