A lorry and rail bridge in Grantham

nomiS36:

mac12:
I work for Network Rail and just looked at todays bridge strikes between 0700and 1600 ten bridges got hit

I’m genuinely amazed! I wonder, are the statistics going up or has it always been around that sort of figure, well, since trailers started getting ridiculously high anyway.

ex railway signaller and i can tell you they are about the same Georges road between the A6 & M60 at stockport would get hit on average once a week by lorries trying to take a short cut despite numerous large warning signs on approach and markings on the road . a large percentage of these were vehicles from over seas trying to deliver to the B&Q warehouse the otherside of the bridge

commonrail:
That’s harlaxton road…not barrowby road.

Ha, ha, beat ya :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You did :sunglasses:

It says under the picture “A previous photo of a lorry crashing into a low bridge in Grantham”.

British lazy reporting at it’s best, why post a picture of a previous bridge strike that’s not even the same bridge :unamused:

zaax:

Road closed as lorry crashes into railway bridge in Grantham - Lincolnshire Live

A lorry has crashed into a rail bridge in Grantham causing tailbacks of traffic.

Motorists are being asked to avoid the area while police get the congestion under control.

The incident has happened at the railway bridge in Barrowby Road - which has large, bright signs warning drivers of the low bridge.

The A52 at Barrowby Road is closed in both directions due to the accident between A607 Barrowby Road and Barrowby Gate.

fors silver company :blush: :blush: :blush:

The-Snowman:

Mazzer2:

nomiS36:
FFS!!! Grantham again [emoji35] how [zb] big do they need to make the [zb] sign. I weep for the future of his or her children.

To be fair with them being in Turkey I doubt it will affect them to much

Think about it.
Take all the time you need :wink:

It’s more a pop at the over dramatic language why would you weep for his children? People seem to over dramatize everything these days, looking at the way he has hit the bridge it looks like he was already under it and then swerved to the left possibly some pleb coming the other way didn’t think to give way and the driver tried to avoid them.

Mazzer2:
it looks like he was already under it and then swerved to the left possibly some pleb coming the other way didn’t think to give way and the driver tried to avoid them.

You’re probably not a million miles away with that theory. I’ve passed incident free under that bridge many many times with a standard height fridge and it’s vitally important to dominate the road and also be prepared to stop and engage in a battle of wills until Doris in her Yaris finally realises that you’ll happily stay there until the cows come home, and the penny drops that she needs to get out of your way, not vice versa.

His english cannot be that good, there is a clear sign there that says, high vehicles should use the middle of the road…but seeing as most foreign drivers dont like to wait…he no doubt continued to go through on the left side of the road…if he obeyed the signs he would have got through with no damage…but at least its given work to trailer repairers…ha ha

Serious question. What happens to the driver when he strikes a bridge?
Obviously he will loose his job .but that it?
Personally they should be banned from.driving for 12/18 months. Non of this I need my licence for work etc. Automatic ban.then might learn to be more carefull