A g jacob and sons removals and storage oxford

JAKEY:
Mark and smallcoal

Hi Jakey,
Bet your glad to see the back of this one mate !

Hello Mark , I have pm you ! ,yes we are :open_mouth: ,we filled 14 of those skips and on the Thursday we loaded both loading bays up and no skip appeared , went home at 5 but we had finished our part of the move by midday !!! they were running around like headless chickens when we were taking it easy , but they started pilling it on us again .

Any how its finished apart from the loading bays full and a 120 worktops in there top store ! gate ways are blocked off with concrete bollards now and I do not care a hoot , my job was complete , and even if I did ,we are too busy to do it ! “its called taking the ■■■■” :open_mouth:

JAKEY:
Hello Mark , I have pm you ! ,yes we are :open_mouth: ,we filled 14 of those skips and on the Thursday we loaded both loading bays up and no skip appeared , went home at 5 but we had finished our part of the move by midday !!! they were running around like headless chickens when we were taking it easy , but they started pilling it on us again .

Any how its finished apart from the loading bays full and a 120 worktops in there top store ! gate ways are blocked off with concrete bollards now and I do not care a hoot , my job was complete , and even if I did ,we are too busy to do it ! “its called taking the ■■■■” :open_mouth:

Hi jakey,that’s one hell of a job there looking at the pics but a credit to you boys :smiley: Cheers John

Smallcoal , it was ground,1st,floor and 2nd floor and lots of kitchens,store cupboards etc , not included was the basement including a old library .maintenance room etc and a top store , therev was files from the 1940’s there bought from there first office , it was one of the worst office moves I had ever done for this company !! ,planning was crap. Too many people walking around looking busy until the last few days ,saying that I will not be buying paper,pens for a while ,plus they gave me a pump truck for spare and 50x crates which I got for a mate because they are blue and mine are red .
They asked me to take 100 office chairs from Oxford to Norwich but you could not stack on them and they were £700 each! ,I said we will load and one driver will take and you help unload for £1500 plus vat , to expensive they said , a man and a van did it in three trips and he stacked on them and broke a few ,cheaper than us though !!!

JAKEY:
Smallcoal , it was ground,1st,floor and 2nd floor and lots of kitchens,store cupboards etc , not included was the basement including a old library .maintenance room etc and a top store , therev was files from the 1940’s there bought from there first office , it was one of the worst office moves I had ever done for this company !! ,planning was crap. Too many people walking around looking busy until the last few days ,saying that I will not be buying paper,pens for a while ,plus they gave me a pump truck for spare and 50x crates which I got for a mate because they are blue and mine are red .
They asked me to take 100 office chairs from Oxford to Norwich but you could not stack on them and they were £700 each! ,I said we will load and one driver will take and you help unload for £1500 plus vat , to expensive they said , a man and a van did it in three trips and he stacked on them and broke a few ,cheaper than us though !!!

Oh well if they won’t pay you and pay peanuts then let the monkeys have it and wreck it good enough for the tight (zb) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Jakey,
How things mate…you finally put that office move behind you ?

Thought of you today looking through an old Removals & Storage mag from the 1980s. …Luker Bros advert in there.
Regards Mark

marktaff:
Hi Jakey,

Thought of you today looking through an old Removals & Storage mag from the 1980s. …Luker Bros advert in there.
Regards Mark

Also going through some old Commercial Motor mags from the 70s … I came across in my mums loft clearing it out to make room for her…I came across this add.
Regards Mark.

marktaff:

marktaff:
Hi Jakey,

Regards Mark

Also going through some old Commercial Motor mags from the 70s … I came across in my mums loft clearing it out to make room for her…I came across this add.
Regards Mark.

Hi mark,if there’s good ads or pics put them on ,I wouldn’t mind borrowing that removals mag of you to read if that’s ok cheers John

Hi mark and jakey some removal vans and advertising :smiley:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi mark and jakey some removal vans and advertising :smiley:

Hi John,
Yes no problem mate you can sure borrow some of the Removals & Storage mags I have mate.
Hope Jakey don’t mind me posting there on is page :wink:
Regards Mark

John…I go to Reeves pretty regular in Petersfield
They are part of Britannia same as Robbins …tidy outfit they are mate

image-12.jpg

Great photos Mark, love the Reeves Merc and the Leyland freighter .

Yes put the move behind me but I did hear they want me to go back and fill the last two skips but its got concrete barriers in front of the entrances ,so we will see how this goes ! Not paid yet ! so we will see on that point as well .

Phil took the MAN to the Isle of Skye and came back with a split windscreen and then my nephew came in with a chip in his windscreen !!! they wondered why I was ■■■■■■ off , that’s the 12th screen we have had in the sprinter since new :imp: and I always have a top tint and tinted in .

JAKEY:

Yes put the move behind me but I did hear they want me to go back and fill the last two skips but its got concrete barriers in front of the entrances ,so we will see how this goes ! Not paid yet ! so we will see on that point as well .

Phil took the MAN to the Isle of Skye and came back with a split windscreen and then my nephew came in with a chip in his windscreen !!! they wondered why I was ■■■■■■ off , that’s the 12th screen we have had in the sprinter since new :imp: and I always have a top tint and tinted in .

Hi jakey, stone damage on them both ,I would be mad as well we had one a couple of years back ,he hit a pheasant head on shattered his screen what a mess he drove back it was replaced next day

Mark, those Luker brothers Merc’s look just as I recall them .

JAKEY:

Hi Jakey,
Yes the Reeves pics are nice…in all fairness John (smallcoal) posted them mate…I had a Merc 1617… A reg exactly same as the one in the pic in the mid 80s Sparshatts body…we had it built like I said on an A Reg C/cab…when I got a moment I will upload a pic of it mate…where did the split come from Jakey…stone or fault in the windscreen…nothing worse than that especially when the windsreen as to be changed…sometimes they never go back like the original mate…I would be in the same frame of mind mate P××××× Off.
Regards Mark

image-12.jpg

:blush: ,sorry thanks John for the photos , stone chipped whilst phil was on the isle of Skye this week Mark ,he said the roads were awful infact he has asked for a full check of body bolts and the u bolts on its next safety inspection this week , I told him they were check them any how.

JAKEY:
:oops: ,sorry thanks John for the photos , stone chipped whilst phil was on the isle of Skye this week Mark ,he said the roads were awful infact he has asked for a full check of body bolts and the u bolts on its next safety inspection this week , I told him they were check them any how.

Hi jake ,wouldn’t surprise me if anything like over here had to change my car tyre hit a pothole and budged the wall out ,you should send the bill to the council over there it was said any damage send pics of damage and they got to pay out that was on the radio the other day as for the pics no probs mate :smiley:

JAKEY:
:oops: ,sorry thanks John for the photos , stone chipped whilst phil was on the isle of Skye this week Mark ,he said the roads were awful infact he has asked for a full check of body bolts and the u bolts on its next safety inspection this week , I told him they were check them any how.

Hi Jakey,
that’s a lot of windscreens in that sprinter mate…we have one with us a 2 container van 51 plate Marsden body but they put her in the corner of the yard last year…corrosion got to her in the chassis. …lovely van to drive …great on tight access jobs especially when on container storage jobs…don’t think they ever put more than 2 windscreens in our one mate.

I’ve taken a few jobs up on to the Isle of Skye over the years mate…the last on was around 2012 and the first one was as a porter in 1980 :smiley: …the roads can be very wine-de steep and very narrow at times on that island lots of passing places if you go off the main roads…also went from Uig at the top of the island by ferry over to isle of Harris with a job to…the roads are even worse on that island mate…so he may have a point about checking body bolts…in all fairness I’ve had a few heavy loads on mine in rediculous places I’ve been with her and the body bolts always been sound.