A frame drawbar

JJ1633:
When was the last time anybody saw a brand new A frame drawbar, you just do not see them any more you might see a new drawbar but it won’t be an A frame■■?

In the case of the UK market maybe the combination of dumbing down the job wherever possible.Combined with relatively low weights and un demanding roads where the advantages of A frames don’t outweigh the Brit rush to the lowest common denominator regarding skill levels.

It’s arguably still a different world in that regard in the old usual dyed in the wool A frame using geographic areas like Scandinavia/Germany/Austria/Swiss/Italy/Dutch where it’s still more the definition of the C + E class than artics and close coupled. :bulb:

youtube.com/watch?v=MtwEjxbHXY0

youtube.com/watch?v=vbbGexPL3sI

youtube.com/watch?v=wkKn9pxfxeE

youtube.com/watch?v=5OQamfdVOGc

we have a german company which Comes to our depot most weeks and that’s all they run is A frame drawbars.

The longest A frame I ever pulled ,great for hooking two onto three giving good notice when the second trailer was starting to move off line,it also tracked very well little sway but I cut it down a metre after some years and it still behaved quite well.

Dig

JAKEY:
we have a german company which Comes to our depot most weeks and that’s all they run is A frame drawbars.

Hermes have a few of these very similar from Germany

Tuffnells are still using them. I see one dropped near me each day. They are very rewarding to drive

This A-frame draw-bar outfit would be fun in tight factories. Robert