A days work.....

dle1uk:
Personally I would not even attempt it… Do it the once and then you’ve proved it can be done and chances are transport office will expect this everytime… Imo your only gonna end up causing yaself grief if you do it…

You sound like every TM’s dream employee… :smiley: Heaven forfend you should prove it can be done…

Only doable on a 10 drive

switchlogic:

dle1uk:
Personally I would not even attempt it… Do it the once and then you’ve proved it can be done and chances are transport office will expect this everytime… Imo your only gonna end up causing yaself grief if you do it…

You sound like every TM’s dream employee… :smiley: Heaven forfend you should prove it can be done…

Why put yourself under pressure to achieve this on a daily basis… Realistic targets yes… Wouldn’t have a problem… as you say tm dream maybe not as being a planner I would not plan any drver this on a daily basis. Especially a day man…

Personally, I’d set off, taking me night out gear with me and get as far as I legally could without rushing, then phone up when I’m out of time, having forewarned the office in time for them to send someone out to get me home or put me up in a hotel/motel. Ball back in their court.

P Stoff:
Opinions please.
Start Boston Docks deliver to Manchester area. Load at Liverpool deliver to Leicester area. Then back to Boston reload. Day work.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit tight to me mate. It looks like the ‘planner’ assumes it will be a lovely sunny day with no traffic and no hold ups, and has not taken into account any potential unforseens.

As already said, if you think yourself it’s TOO tight don’t rush it, that is what they are expecting in order to make it look like they know what they are doing, take it at a safe sensible pace and see how it goes.
You may well achieve it, but 5 continuous same shifts is a bit like Russian roulette I would reckon.
A lot of these planners love the teararse heroes who are out to prove something and shine :unamused: , and if a tight arsed schedule is achieved by one of these dicks, then they are used as an example, and every bugger else suffers.
Make your own judgement on it mate, you can only do what you can only do. :bulb:

robroy:

P Stoff:
Opinions please.
Start Boston Docks deliver to Manchester area. Load at Liverpool deliver to Leicester area. Then back to Boston reload. Day work.

Sounds a bit tight to me mate. It looks like the ‘planner’ assumes it will be a lovely sunny day with no traffic and no hold ups, and has not taken into account any potential unforseens.

As already said, if you think yourself it’s TOO tight don’t rush it, that is what they are expecting in order to make it look like they know what they are doing, take it at a safe sensible pace and see how it goes.
You may well achieve it, but 5 continuous same shifts is a bit like Russian roulette I would reckon.
A lot of these planners love the teararse heroes who are out to prove something and shine :unamused: , and if a tight arsed schedule is achieved by one of these dicks, then they are used as an example, and every bugger else suffers.
Make your own judgement on it mate, you can only do what you can only do. :bulb:

I am one of those “■■■■’s”. Week before last I managed it five days and didn’t use one 10. This week I used two 10’s and had to be recovered twice ( got within ten minutes of base) just thought the comments as if I had failed were uncalled for.

I prefer to be going all.day rather than sit in rdc’s but this is so dependant on traffic it’s very ragged edge. Just wanted to see what others thought in case I was being a bit precious.

P Stoff:

robroy:

P Stoff:
Opinions please.

I am one of those “■■■■’s”. Week before last I managed it five days and didn’t use one 10. This week I used two 10’s and had to be recovered twice ( got within ten minutes of base) just thought the comments as if I had failed were uncalled for.

I prefer to be going all.day rather than sit in rdc’s but this is so dependant on traffic it’s very ragged edge. Just wanted to see what others thought in case I was being a bit precious.

You’ve answered your own question then bud.
You have set your own pace so they will expect you to maintain it. :bulb:
As for their comments it shows how much they appreciated you getting around and managing it eh?

robroy:

P Stoff:

robroy:

P Stoff:
Opinions please.

You’ve answered your own question then bud.
You have set your own pace so they will expect you to maintain it. :bulb:
As for their comments it shows how much they appreciated you getting around and managing it eh?

Exactly

P Stoff:

robroy:

P Stoff:
Opinions please.

As you say. You completed it the week before last… During school hols in fairly good weather… The run is not leaving much time for holdups at all… Good luck for it if you have to carry on doing this daily…

I’m only covering holidays and to be fair I’m too old for chasing my tail. He’s offered me a permanent job but as you say holidays over and poor weather and it’s a different story. The post was really to check that my age isn’t catching up with me and I can still keep up with the young guns

P Stoff:
I’m only covering holidays and to be fair I’m too old for chasing my tail. He’s offered me a permanent job but as you say holidays over and poor weather and it’s a different story. The post was really to check that my age isn’t catching up with me and I can still keep up with the young guns

Maybe that’s half the problem mate, why try and keep up with anybody? :bulb:
If my boss says ‘‘Well xxxx manages to do it’’ I just say ‘‘That’s fine give it to him’’
I just do what I can safely and efficiently and could not give a ■■■■ about the teararse idiots who do more than me, …and get paid the same as me. :bulb:

My comment before,
I didn’t mean everybody who gives a 100% is a ■■■■, neither was I implying that you were btw (even if you did own up mate :laughing: ) I was referring to those that go like ■■■■ at any cost to achieve whatever an incompetent planner sets them to do, only to make a name for themselves.
That name usually begins with ‘C’ according to the rest of the drivers. :laughing:

I don’t drive dangerously and I am driving within the law at all times. It is doable but it is very traffic dependant. The M6 being the biggest culprit. In 24 shifts I have had ONE clear run.

I agree with the " well so and so can do it…" That doesn’t bother me in the slightest. In fact the other lads start a lot earlier than me to miss the traffic. I tried it and the amount of time saved in the morning just made the day longer and as it’s a day rate that didn’t suit me. So i start later so I’m not so tired and to be honest it doesn’t make much difference as I’m not queuing at drops with all the other early birds. I normally go straight in. Also use less reduce rests and don’t feel like a zombie.
Never understood when I was in sugar beet everyone queuing first thing when half hour later you just sailed in.

Good job we are all different

Also too old to make a name for myself

Lol, not age fella, and tbh don’t think many young uns would do It either… Think its more employer taking every pence worth of a guys wage… And then some… Running this tight on a daily basis as a company is only gonna bring trouble and problems… Failed deliveries and cancelled contracts… No good to employee or employer in the long run…