A bridge too far

Franglais:

adam277:

Franglais:

adam277:
Don’t understand why people are getting upset about it. From what I’ve read he is just going to hire some experts to dicuss the practicality and feasibility of it. to me this seems like a reasonable thing to do yet listening to people on the radio chat about it makes it sound like it’s a done deal.

I voted brexit and Id support it if it improved trade.

Adam you amaze me!
You voted for Brexit?
You want to support trade across the channel?
“…”

Yep. I believe we can still keep and improve trade with the continent without being in the EU. I’m just skeptical if our current government have the capacity to do it.
The only reason I voted was for controlled immigration.

I can understand your wishes.
I wont launch off into a long rant etc (not this time, anyway). Cutting any ties must surely be harmful, how can we improve trade with a block by leaving it? Our present Gov cant do it because NO Gov can do it.
If we stop Eu immigration there will be trading penalties. That`s the rules of the game!

If we start bigger trade deals with say, India, the deals will 99.99% certain involve immigration deals. I repeat thats how trade deals work: Example; India wants cars Germany has BMW and France has Peugeot. The Eu allows 100,000 Indians to get work permits. India puts 10% tax on Eu cars. UK has Toyota and Jaguar. We allow 10,000 Indians work permits. India sticks 25% tax on UK cars. Guess who sells most cars. We want new markets? Weve got to buy them somehow.
If we refuse Eu migration and end up on a hard Brexit, we could end up on WTO rules. I think thats about 20% on cars. Cars from UK being sold in EU will go up in price by 20%. Cars from UE being sold in UK will go up by 20%. Germany and France dont want this its true. But with UK cars costing more in the EU, BMW and Peugeot will now have a lot of the market previously held by Jaguar Toyota etc. We all lose, but we lose more. Trade wars arent a zero sum game. Almost everyone loses.

Theres a lot more to it than that, but thats the bones of it.

Spot on mate , plus no country trades under WTO rules alone anymore. Hard Brexit would be a nightmare especially for the haulage industry.

adam277:
Don’t understand why people are getting upset about it. From what I’ve read he is just going to hire some experts to dicuss the practicality and feasibility of it. to me this seems like a reasonable thing to do yet listening to people on the radio chat about it makes it sound like it’s a done deal.

So you told the landlord of your local to go and do one, but expect him to sell you a cheap beer tomorrow.?

Don’t the Brexiteers understand that Europe is not going to do us any favours when we put up two fingers and brick up ‘le chunnel’?

“We don’t want you filthy buggers to come over here, and live here, but we do want you to buy the things we manufacture for other companies around the world.”

Franglais:

AndrewG:

alamcculloch:
I wonder if Corillion will tender for it?

No, but…volunteer brickies from Eritrea/ Syria et al would soon have it up and running… :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a chance mate. Itll be Mexicans. The Eritreans and Syrians will be labouring in Texas building Donalds wall. All the Mexicans will be kicked out and coming over here, as part of our new trade deal with our new markets.

At least the Mexicans are civilised and live in the 21st century and not the 7th their culture is far more compatible than ISLAM

the nodding donkey:

adam277:

So you told the landlord of your local to go and do one, but expect him to sell you a cheap beer tomorrow.?

Don’t the Brexiteers understand that Europe is not going to do us any favours when we put up two fingers and brick up ‘le chunnel’?

“We don’t want you filthy buggers to come over here, and live here, but we do want you to buy the things we manufacture for other companies around the world.”

I don’t mind people coming over I just want to make sure the correct checks are being made. As it stands anyone can get into the UK. I know some on this board turn a blind eye to the sheer amount of East European guys driving trucks and working in warehouses for peanuts but it effects us all. I don’t blame them for doing it but given the choice I’d rather put a cap on the amount of unskilled labour that comes in to this country so hopefully wages will rise.
Again this is fault of the EU as the minimum wage in Romania is like £300 a month why wouldn’t they come here.

The EU has a choice. Keep trade flowing or put a dampener on it which will just screw us both over. I’m hoping the EU will use this as a chance to improve trade relations with us. Chances are though they will just screw us over to punish us for leaving the EU even though it will negatively effect them as well.

Getting sick of reading about brexit now seems it’s come down to the egos of the politicans on both sides now. Instead of trying to make the best deal for everyone.

adam277:

the nodding donkey:

adam277:

I don’t mind people coming over I just want to make sure the correct checks are being made. As it stands anyone can get into the UK. I know some on this board turn a blind eye to the sheer amount of East European guys driving trucks and working in warehouses for peanuts but it effects us all. I don’t blame them for doing it but given the choice I’d rather put a cap on the amount of unskilled labour that comes in to this country so hopefully wages will rise.
Again this is fault of the EU as the minimum wage in Romania is like £300 a month why wouldn’t they come here.

Although many voted for Brexit because they believed it would end the influx of cheap migrant labour I fear they’ll be sorely disappointed, as those in power who supported Brexit benefit from that cheap labour or at the very least are not affected by it.
Judging from the recent article about the driver shortage in The Sun that was posted on here, it seems that they’re starting the softening up process to try and persuade their readers (use the term loosely) that we need migrant workers or they’ll having nothing in the shops.

adam277:
The EU has a choice. Keep trade flowing or put a dampener on it which will just screw us both over. I’m hoping the EU will use this as a chance to improve trade relations with us. Chances are though they will just screw us over to punish us for leaving the EU even though it will negatively effect them as well.

Getting sick of reading about brexit now seems it’s come down to the egos of the politicans on both sides now. Instead of trying to make the best deal for everyone.

Well it going to be round for a while yet and why aren’t you surprised about Politicians ego’s, its part of the job description.
Remember for those in power will do everything to make sure it will be business as usual and that doesn’t and never has meant the best deal for everyone.

So we voted out of Europe and he now want’s to build a bridge ?

hmm…is this so he can stick two fingers up and set fire to it ? :laughing:

AndrewG:

alamcculloch:
I wonder if Corillion will tender for it?

No, but…volunteer brickies from Eritrea/ Syria et al would soon have it up and running… :stuck_out_tongue:

if they did I wouldn’t cross it

if they did go ahead and build it what would be the point,as one of the other OPs said they close the severn crossing for the wind we get,that’s around 2 miles across if i’m right,if [and it’s a big if]they built this bridge you have around 22 miles [if from dover area]the wind’s would be twice that or more of the severn,with the current climate wind seems to be every month or so.

muckles:

adam277:

the nodding donkey:

adam277:

I voted Brexit and Id support it if it improved trade.

I don’t mind people coming over I just want to make sure the correct checks are being made. As it stands anyone can get into the UK. I know some on this board turn a blind eye to the sheer amount of East European guys driving trucks and working in warehouses for peanuts but it effects us all. I don’t blame them for doing it but given the choice, I’d rather put a cap on the amount of unskilled labour that comes in to this country so hopefully, wages will rise.

Although many voted for Brexit because they believed it would end the influx of cheap migrant labour I fear they’ll be sorely disappointed, as those in power who supported Brexit benefit from that cheap labour or at the very least are not affected by it.
Judging from the recent article about the driver shortage in The Sun that was posted on here, it seems that they’re starting the softening up process to try and persuade their readers (use the term loosely) that we need migrant workers or they’ll having nothing in the shops.

adam277:

Getting sick of reading about Brexit now seems it’s come down to the egos of the politicians on both sides now. Instead of trying to make the best deal for everyone.

Well, it’s going to be around for a while yet and why aren’t you surprised about Politicians ego’s, its part of the job description.
Remember for those in power will do everything to make sure it will be business as usual and that doesn’t and never has meant the best deal for everyone.

What the establishment’s stooge and traitor to her own race and culture what PM may will deliver won’t resemble the Brexit we voted for, it will resemble leaving in name only, She has to go and go soon
But a complete withdrawal from the dictatorship EU we would benefit in lots of ways and that is what the 17.4 million of us voted for back in 2016. we need someone as PM who has the Visegrad /trump backbone that wants to protect it’s own people and put them first

tommy t:

muckles:

adam277:
I don’t mind people coming over I just want to make sure the correct checks are being made. As it stands anyone can get into the UK. I know some on this board turn a blind eye to the sheer amount of East European guys driving trucks and working in warehouses for peanuts but it effects us all. I don’t blame them for doing it but given the choice, I’d rather put a cap on the amount of unskilled labour that comes in to this country so hopefully, wages will rise.

adam277:

Getting sick of reading about Brexit now seems it’s come down to the egos of the politicians on both sides now. Instead of trying to make the best deal for everyone.

Well, it’s going to be around for a while yet and why aren’t you surprised about Politicians ego’s, its part of the job description.

What the establishment’s stooge and traitor to her own race and culture what PM may will deliver won’t resemble the Brexit we voted for, it will resemble leaving in name only, She has to go and go soon
But a complete withdrawal from the dictatorship EU we would benefit in lots of ways and that is what the 17.4 million of us voted for back in 2016. we need someone as PM who has the Visegrad /trump backbone that wants to protect it’s own people and put them first

Leaving the EU ranges from total cut off to EFTA or EEA membership, so who are you to say what was in the minds of everyone of the 17.4 million?

This was on Tomorrow’s World when Boris was a kid

Wheel Nut 3:
This was on Tomorrow’s World when Boris was a kid

Was?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

Of course they don’t. Below is a typical post from one of the resident Brexiteers. Admittedly he is very well advanced on the knuckledragger scale, but do you really think that someone with views like these is able to consider the wider impact? Still, as long as Brexit keeps those nasty foreigners out and away from the jobs that they do in places like the NHS, all will be well for the Little Englander brigade.

tommy t:
lol they wouldn’t know what to do with a trowel, they use their hands in the [zb] they hale from

What a good idea of Boris the plonker, Its no wonder Macron likes it. We give him a few millions for the Jungle, which then gets moved to the middle of the bridge, no traffic usage and the poor old age juveniles can claim asylum because they’ve stepped over the centre line, Brilliant Idea.