A B C...

Oh, and another one for RobRoy. I remember he said that I was being biased in my treatment of Johnson.
So, I do think that Johnson is good at sweeping arm, but idea, type things: in Brexit he talked of big touchy feely things like being back in control and being independent etc.
Being ideas he just left the public to fill in the gaps. And many did. Some thinking immigration would end. Some thinking manufacturing and farming would come back home. Neither being true of course, but Hey Ho! Big ideas.
The detail required in managing a country, the looking at the exact meanings of deals and regulations was lacking then and is lacking again now. But credit where it’s due he talks big.
Will RobRoy follow his advice to me and treat Corbyn and Abbott in an unbiased way I wonder?
[emoji3]

Franglais:

oiltreader:
Politicians, Holyrood and Westminster
this is worth reading.
heraldscotland.com/news/184 … ronavirus/
a brilliant article.
Oily

A good read. I can’t comment on the Scots aspects too much, but he is spot on with his praise of Jacinda Ardern.

Oh please…
Saint Cindy is a fully paid up puppet of the globalist agenda and if you dont believe me stop buying what the main stream media is selling and start critically thinking for yourself.
I will start you off by instead of cutting and pasting to get you to research “ministerial leaked emails” (gagging order) and the soon to be infamous “document dump” for your own self.

That’s just from this week.

Tune in next week folks for how she handles the fallout from the deputy Prime minister for his outspoken comments on Taiwan and the WHO that be made yesterday.
Cant be seen to upset the chinkys now can we, but domestically dont want to lose the upcoming September election.

dialema…

Franglais:
Oh, and another one for RobRoy. I remember he said that I was being biased in my treatment of Johnson.
So, I do think that Johnson is good at sweeping arm, but idea, type things: in Brexit he talked of big touchy feely things like being back in control and being independent etc.
Being ideas he just left the public to fill in the gaps. And many did. Some thinking immigration would end. Some thinking manufacturing and farming would come back home. Neither being true of course, but Hey Ho! Big ideas.
The detail required in managing a country, the looking at the exact meanings of deals and regulations was lacking then and is lacking again now. But credit where it’s due he talks big.
Will RobRoy follow his advice to me and treat Corbyn and Abbott in an unbiased way I wonder?
[emoji3]

Look I’ve got to admit that despite our (friendly :smiley: ) disagreement on all or most of this stuff, I do not take as much of an interest in politics as you evidently do, nor maybe follow it as closely.
I only base my opinions on a far less stringent observation.

What I will say on what I’ve observed over the years is this…
Can you give an example of any party PM over the years, and/or his/her ministers who have been purely honest, purely for the good of the country and not for their careers, or totally 100% competent at their jobs?
No?.. me either, and I can go back as far as McMillan as a very small child.

So what exactly is new here??

Candidate promises the earth.

Candidate achieves PMship.

Does not entirely deliver.

Seen to break promises.

Is criticised widely by the public for all this… and perceived incompetence.
Same old same old, and same for there on after. :bulb:

robroy:

Franglais:
[emoji3]

Look I’ve got to admit that despite our (friendly :smiley: ) disagreement on all or most of this stuff, I do not take as much of an interest in politics as you evidently do, nor maybe follow it as closely.

Can you give an example of any party PM over the years, and/or his/her ministers who have been purely honest, purely for the good of the country and not for their careers, or totally 100% competent at their jobs?

Seen to break promises.

I can’t remember any other politician being cut so much slack by the public just because he is a bloke…

Imagine him being a woman who was an immigrant, an unmarried mother of 6 or 7 children with three fathers, who cheated on her husband while he was having cancer treatment… Not sure the nation or the papers would be so charitable myself.

With regards the press if they actually asked meaningful questions then I could understand if they needed to be repeated to get an answer, but when Laura Keunssberg asks the chancellor “is it possible that we can avoid recession?” you really have to wonder he politely answered the question, my answer would have “are you ■■■■■■■ stupid?”.

Mazzer2:
With regards the press if they actually asked meaningful questions then I could understand if they needed to be repeated to get an answer, but when Laura Keunssberg asks the chancellor “is it possible that we can avoid recession?” you really have to wonder he politely answered the question, my answer would have “are you [zb] stupid?”.

Someone across their subject would love an open question such as that: an opportunity to give both sides of the problem and explain the Government’s thinking. Give reasons for the course adopted. Get the public on side with the strategy. A wonderful question to see on an exam paper.
However someone who hasn’t got any depth of understanding…

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
With regards the press if they actually asked meaningful questions then I could understand if they needed to be repeated to get an answer, but when Laura Keunssberg asks the chancellor “is it possible that we can avoid recession?” you really have to wonder he politely answered the question, my answer would have “are you [zb] stupid?”.

Someone across their subject would love an open question such as that: an opportunity to give both sides of the problem and explain the Government’s thinking. Give reasons for the course adopted. Get the public on side with the strategy. A wonderful question to see on an exam paper.

Come on Franglais, it was stuck in at the end of an interview when she knew time was running out. For the first time since I can remember I have heard my father criticise the quality of questions from the BBC something I have never heard before from someone who gives his full support for the BBC and will defend them anytime he hears them being attacked.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Come on Franglais, it was stuck in at the end of an interview when she knew time was running out. For the first time since I can remember I have heard my father criticise the quality of questions from the BBC something I have never heard before from someone who gives his full support for the BBC and will defend them anytime he hears them being attacked.

Well, I didn’t get that from your post.

Darkside:

robroy:

Franglais:
[emoji3]

Seen to break promises.

I can’t remember any other politician being cut so much slack by the public just because he is a bloke…

Imagine him being a woman who was an immigrant, an unmarried mother of 6 or 7 children with three fathers, who cheated on her husband while he was having cancer treatment… Not sure the nation or the papers would be so charitable myself.

:neutral_face: Ok, so I’m assuming by your analogy he has done some or all of these things himself ?
I wouldn’t know tbh. because…

A. I ain’t interested enough to care about his private life. as it has f.all to do with me.
B. Wtf has his private life got to do with him being PM, we ain’t living in the ‘‘must keep up appearances 50s’’.

If public figures had to be somewhere between a role model and a paragon of virtue, then the Royal Family would fall at the first fence for starters. :unamused:
Who really cares, apart from maybe those who are directly involved.?

Personally I’ve got far too much going on in my own life to even show the minutest interest in his private life.

robroy:

Darkside:

robroy:

Franglais:
[emoji3]

Seen to break promises.

:neutral_face: Ok, so I’m assuming by your analogy he has done some or all of these things himself ?
I wouldn’t know tbh. because…

A. I ain’t interested enough to care about his private life. as it has f.all to do with me.
B. Wtf has his private life got to do with him being PM, we ain’t living in the ‘‘must keep up appearances 50s’’.

If public figures had to be somewhere between a role model and a paragon of virtue, then the Royal Family would fall at the first fence for starters. :unamused:
Who really cares, apart from maybe those who are directly involved.?

Personally I’ve got far too much going on in my own life to even show the minutest interest in his private life.

That’s my point, the papers have destroyed for example Meghan and Harry for some reason, yet they have nothing on Johnson. The majority of papers love him.

It makes no difference to me what he gets up to either, but, surely the PM needs at least some morals or standards to get respect? You wouldn’t take advice on how to secure a load from a bloke who can’t stop shooting his, so why do we have a bloke with no morals, who has paid money to rough a journalist up, who blew all that public money on the pole dancer telling us what to do…

Did you know number 10 had to release a statement yesterday after Boris Johnson had said the night before that Covid was in the water supply? It won’t make the papers because Prince Andrew owes someone some money I expect.

Anyway back in the real world I reckon we are seeing the final break up of the UK, I can’t remember a time when the Welsh, the Irish and the Scottish have told their PM they aren’t doing what he said with regard to lockdown.

Oh and with regard to that clown from Jenkinsons, anyone I interview going forward is being checked for a hole in their left nostril in case they had a nose ring…

Morals to gain respect?..not sure about that one, unless it’s the Pope or Archbishop of Canterbury.
‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone’ (I’m the only atheist that can quote the Bible btw :smiley: )

As for your analogy on load security, that would only apply if he was preaching morals and telling us not to hire hit men and watch pole dancers, he ain’t, he’s trying to make the best of a pandemic outbreak, and sort the economy because of the effects, however good or bad you or me think he is managing that.
I’m sure he ain’t the first public figure to bury news either, it’s been going on forever.

If he can try and salvage something out of this cluster ■■■■ of situations in the end, he can ogle pole dancers all he wants, I couldn’t care less.

Meanwhile, on the Brexit negotiations Gove is talking strong: he is quite prepared to make sacrifices to enable the talks to move forward. He is prepared to give up his wish for a Free Trade Deal, in order to escape the rule of Brussels in the UK.
So, we have to forfeit the much vaunted “easiest trade discussions in history” in order to be free to…
abandon EU workers rights legislation.
Way to go, Govey!
amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproj … -diplomats

bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-52656808
Hopefully a positive development here.
Not a silver bullet, but a step in the right direction, at the very least. [emoji3]

robroy:

The Deputy Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Van Tam said at yesterday’s press briefing that the UK had been quarantining incoming travellers since 30th February,(a date that to my knowledge doesn’t exist). No one pulled him up on it.

I think if Dianne Abbot had said that it would have made the news.

Sir David Norgrove has today pulled up Matt Hancock and the Gov for both their methodology and presentation of figures, especially regarding COVID tests.
The same Norgrove of course, head of the ONS, who criticized Johnson for misusing official stats regarding Brexit.
Looks like the cavalier disregard of accuracy is a continuing habit…