A A Griggs - AAG

Coddy:
Bounced it back up…

There MUST be someone on here with stories to tell, pictures to show■■?

ive just put some pictures on

ROGERTYLER:

Stanfield:

ROGERTYLER:

Coddy:
Any old drivers on here, from the Soham, Strood days.

Anyone got any pictures of the Old F7’s and FL10’s

Any stories to tell.

If you look in my gallery you will see my F7 and F86 :smiley:

This one you mean0

Thats the picture me with my son whos a driver now my F7 and old F86 and my 105E anglia.The F7 was new :smiley:

ive just put pictures on

Hi all bin reading your thread as i am from bursledon just outside southampton and ime sure that Griggs had a satalite depot in a cafe just by j8 of the M27. I think there were about 6 motors based there F86’s and F7’s does this ring a bell with anyone.Rgds Buzzer.

Hello All, My old Dad used to work for these and Streets Transport, Had these pics in an old album… Enjoy :smiley: Very sorry for quality on the pics as I used my phone to take pics from photos in the old album, I will improve them later, This was for a quick upload for now!!!

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

Hi is there anybody out there who drove for aa griggs monmouth between 1972 / 1988 can any one remember les james billy packer mike sauders big jaws and all the hereford boys going to up load a photo of my old F10 I had back in the 80s. Can any one remember the griggs social club, my CB handle was lazy bones.

Brian. My Dad D.R.Griffiths down the Wonastow Road had tippers. A.A.Griggs up the other end at TillysBill Packer , Ian Jukes, Joner R.I.P., Ernie Sayce,Cyril Morgan and many others.Remember the TKs with Scammell couplings ,later on 86s and F7s , still got loads of shackle bushes from F 10s that Alan and Graham Jones used to bring up to be pressed out.The A.A.Griggs F10`s were really smart.nicely turned out fleet and well maintained.Regards Rich.

Nice to here from you Rich remember the tk bedfords very well had them for a few years then went up market to volvo griggs had a good fleet of them. Do you know MIke Ridley he lived along the wonastow road. I did see graham jones in monmouth when we put Ray Martin to rest R.I.P. O heres a photo of me back in 1975 in a tk bedford in Portsmouth never did get to that drop.

I put this pic on Scrapbook memories the other day,should be on here :smiley:

Some of the trucks I drove back in the good old days

PicsArt_1340304234882.jpg

lansonmoe:
dont know if theres any old drivers on here from the 70’s,my father drove for griggs for 19 yrs starting off with a bedford tk with that scammel coupling,then went to a ford,a f86,a f7 then his last was a fl10,ill try to put a couple pics on,the picture of the f86 hes actully in the picture can anyone name him■■? oh hes also stood by his f7

Isn’t that a young Rodney■■?

Stanfield:

ROGERTYLER:

Coddy:
Any old drivers on here, from the Soham, Strood days.

Anyone got any pictures of the Old F7’s and FL10’s

Any stories to tell.

If you look in my gallery you will see my F7 and F86 :smiley:

This one you mean0

Hi Roger. Ian Jukes from the Monmouth depot. How you doing had some good times with you and big Frank when you was in Stood depot, how is Frank is he still trying to play golf■■? Tell me the name of the manager at Stood around 1984.

brian james:
Some of the trucks I drove back in the good old days

Hi Lazy bones how it going mate long time

lansonmoe:

Coddy:
Bounced it back up…

There MUST be someone on here with stories to tell, pictures to show■■?

ive just put some pictures on

Hi Ian, I worked for Griggs From 1984 to 1997 i was at the Monmouth depot. What depot did your dad work at i know the face, Saw Sam brown from the Launceston depot yesterday and he told me about this site. I’ve got some old photos of the boys and lorries of use when we was moving bombs from Welford to Newport docks and Ridham docks in Kent. Will find them to put on here.

spanners:
Not an ex driver but ex fitter from Soham (now with Turners) i have a number of pictures which i will try and post!

Hi spammers, there was some good fitters at Soham depot, just like the drivers in Monmouth to name a few, Lynn Bickford, Less James, Mike Rigley, Russ Stephens, Bill Packer, Ken Pitmen, John Pitt, Frank Hale Vic Bamford, Cyril Morgan, Brian James, Bob Walkerdine, Stuart Davies, Ciff Davies, Bill Martin rip, Bob the Dog, Manager Ray Martin, Alan Sayce, fitters Travor & Lynn Phillips, Graham Jones, Phil Jones rip,

bazztrucker:
Worked at monmouth depot until it shut, then moved to sudbrook depot until it shut! sorry no pics. It would be nice if some of the old boys were looking in.

A buzz trucker was you at Monmouth when I was there■■? 1984 till1997.

brian james:
Hi is there anybody out there who drove for aa griggs monmouth between 1972 / 1988 can any one remember les james billy packer mike sauders big jaws and all the hereford boys going to up load a photo of my old F10 I had back in the 80s. Can any one remember the griggs social club, my CB handle was lazy bones.

Hi Brian looks like you had another load for Scotland there mate.

Done a few loads over the border mate happy days do it all again. Ian what you doing now mate still trucking or have you give it up
:smiley:

bazztrucker:
THANKS FOR THAT RICHGRIFF,
nice to hear of duker, worked alongside him and many others including russ stevens,cyril morgan, alan sayce,and many more,getting old s,playing tricks with the memory.!!

hi mate how’s it going what you up to now■■? Juker

brian james:
Done a few loads over the border mate happy days do it all again. Ian what you doing now mate still trucking or have you give it up
:smiley:

still trucking been working for Tesco’s for 15 years now, you still living in Bream?? should meet up for a beer …

aag1.png
Top left/Trevor Phillips (Monmouth fitter)rip.top right Graham Jones Fitter Driver Ian Jukes.
bottom left/Stan ■■ manager Silverton (Exeter) bottom right/l to r Phil Jones rip. Norman Pick. Danny Lambert rip. ■■ . John Westcolt. Russ Stephens.
in the mess at RAF Welford during the bomb run.