7.5 ton limits and "except for access" (or not)?

Had to deliver to Bath Hospital the other day driving a 26t rigid, the only bridge I could go over was closed for the return journey, so I went via the Sat Nav’s suggested route, as I don’t know Bath that well.

Just as I got to the road it was taking me down to join the main road, there were some 7.5t weight limit signs crudely drawn on some polystyrene, so I went down it as they weren’t legal road signs, it appears every car in Bath was using it aswell.

Got to the bottom and there were actual 7.5t restriction signs at the entrance going the other way!!

Never seen that before!

Stephenjp:
Had to deliver to Bath Hospital the other day driving a 26t rigid, the only bridge I could go over was closed for the return journey, so I went via the Sat Nav’s suggested route, as I don’t know Bath that well.

Just as I got to the road it was taking me down to join the main road, there were some 7.5t weight limit signs crudely drawn on some polystyrene, so I went down it as they weren’t legal road signs, it appears every car in Bath was using it aswell.

Got to the bottom and there were actual 7.5t restriction signs at the entrance going the other way!!

Never seen that before!

Roads can have vehicle weight or dimension restrictions for a single direction of travel.
An example is here:
google.co.uk/maps/@53.75064 … 384!8i8192

That clearly shows no vehicles over 7.5T allowed on New Works Road.

However when entering New Works Road from this direction there is no restriction:
google.co.uk/maps/@53.74994 … 384!8i8192

In my opinion the signage is incorrect in this case, however it demonstrates a single direction restriction in place.
Correct signage would show no left turn for vehicles over 7.5T on the Cleckheaton Road approach (1st link).
However for the road planners in Bradford to get something right first time would require a complete fire & don’t ever re-hire policy to be implemented on the whole department.

I have a blind spot when it comes to 7.5t signs.
:stuck_out_tongue:

When I was younger I had a blind spot for width restriction signs except for access as well.
I soon learned that was not fun.