£50 parking fee J 26 Truckstop from 01 01 2022

beefy4605:

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Sky Captain:
Beefy , Lincoln Farm truck stop is another sardines parking with no escape if there was a fire or ADR emergency as you can’t drive out once parked but you tell the guy the departure time and he parks on departure times .
For my 50 smackers at J 26 I want Pole dancing or evening entertainment on offer.

sounds like another one to avoid then . Is it even legal to park them like they do ? surely H+S would be rather alarmed at the number of trucks so tightly packed in with little to no chance of escape if something went badly wrong?

“Things” that is trucks, don`t matter as much as people. In case of fire or whatever by far the quickest and safest thing is to get everyone to walk out.
First few out would stop a hundred metres up the road and any following would get stuck etc etc. Getting trucks fired up and manoeuvring them all out in a rush would be a hazard in itself.

They do if there are human beings sleeping in them

I’m imagining a vehicle fire.
The quickest way to get people asleep in cabs to safety, is on foot.
Any behind the burning vehicle aren’t getting past it anyway.
They can move as soon as awake not wait for vehicles in front to move. They can walk away from any fire not squeeze past it.

I’ve boycotted the place,since they decided to hold a rave,whilst drivers were sleeping.
I thought it was quite disrespectful to what is their bread and butter.

At Lincoln fm , if a few drivers overslept, you are trapped until you hope they remembered what time of leaving they gave to the parking marshal the night before.
When I get trapped I just get a tea in the cafe , by the time I have it , they have moved away so you can get out .

Just beat on the door :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:
Reserved parking…

Is a thing in the US.

It is here now along the A14 deputy dogs and Coopers both asking /advising to book

If I bang their door I could get a smack in the mouth .

Bob up and down:
If I bang their door I could get a smack in the mouth .

That would be no bad thing !!!
Maybe chop your fingers off as well

Well ; hit em back then

Sky Captain:
Well ; hit em back then

You really are one sad individual you have to log in on another account to reply to yourself get a life FFS