45 hour rest

it is not Eastern Europian problem.all happened.because big France,Germany and more logistic company don t want or… do jobs and they give job to another company ,but earn some stabil money with small risk.all risk(accident,inshurance and more taked Eastern Europian.don t need truck ,inchurance .sometime not possible finosh run with 2 weeks.and drivers can be more rest in cab,than he go home ,-family life,…and drivers back to work Monday tired same friday.

cargocargocargo:

the maoster:
… a country only famous for Plastic Bertrand, Tin Tin and Hercule Poirot …

Wohwohwohwoh, what about The Exalted One, Eddy Merckx?

Right then…here goes : Waffles, “french” fries, and…err…uhmm…sprouts?
Oh!! and the 14th century atlas dude, Mercator. :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
‘… Yes, we know, and that’s why we are all voting UKIP …’

:smiley:

Harry Monk:
I don’t do a great deal over the water any more, but I did run in from Belgium today and it struck me that whereas 20 years ago the service areas would be virtually deserted at the weekend, this morning every service area was rammed full with eastern European trucks, the majority of which were presumably weekending.

If the Belgians are trying to put a stop to eastern hauliers permanently operating in western Europe, then fair play to them, it’s not fair competition for us, and it’s not fair on the blokes who have to spend months at a time away from home. The ones I’ve spoken to in the past always say how much they miss home, family etc.

20 years ago there was not so many trucks on roads and the amount of services and space on them was the same as nowadays or slightly less. Still no comparable to the amount of trucks on the roads today.

As for competition it is easy to solve. All people in their professions in the EU to be paid equal amount for the job. Then we will employ people from outside EU for less an the thing will go on and on as the employer will always look for cheaper labor due to his/her greed.
There is no such a thing as fair competition. Competition either exist or does not.

Fatboy slimslow:

nick2008:
be interesting to how the likes of fly-by-nite will get around this then

piece of cake :laughing: clues in THEIR name :sunglasses: and Belgian soil? :wink: no problem don’t park on the grass! :smiley: use the Tarmac! :grimacing:

The point will come, where EEs won’t be everywhere soon, as once these do it, then French, Germans and Spanish will follow suit! Interesting times ahead me thinks! :grimacing:

It will affect all. Us too. British in Belgium will be treated the same as Bulgarian. Belgian as well.

Harry Monk:

milodon:
that’s nice, I’m sure the good people living across the border from belgium in lille, aachen, breda, luxembourg etc etc will only appreciate the multitudes of extra lorrys spending the weekend in their respective countries from now on, instead of somewhere in belgium. chaos will ensue and this little political exercise will have been forgotten about come fall.

Maybe, or maybe France, the Netherlands and the whole of western Europe will say “we’ve had enough of the invasion too” and we can go back to western European work being done by western European trucks. It’s a daydream, I know.

No offence to you personally Milodon, but life was better for UK truck drivers before eastern European labour arrived here en masse to halve our wages.

It never was labor from EE that halved your wages. It was greedy western employers backed by western greedy governments backed by greedy western capitalists.

Silver_Surfer:
Well fair play to the Belgians.

These euro lads on 250 euros a week for weeks on end away, it is almost a form of slavery in my opinion just so westerners can get all their cheap tat.

Now as I’ve mentioned before, I’m a second generation irish immigrant & was born here. I’m not that patriotic to either country to be honest but I’m a great believer in adapting to & respecting the traditions of where you now live and integrating with the local culture. I just hate
the rich feeding off the poor.

^

Harry Monk:

milodon:
the corporations responsible for the eastern invasion are still in charge, counting every penny they can chop off the bottom line.

Yes, we know, and that’s why we are all voting UKIP.

Naive you. UKIP won’t change anything. Except making life even harder to live.http://www.unitetheunion.org/uploaded/documents/The%20Truth%20about%20UKIP%20TULO11-17798.pdf

Happy Keith:

Harry Monk:
‘… Yes, we know, and that’s why we are all voting UKIP …’

:smiley:

newstatesman.com/politics/20 … k-evidence

MisterStrood:
It will affect all. Us too. British in Belgium will be treated the same as Bulgarian. Belgian as well.

British and Belgian hauliers do not generally have a business model which involves keeping drivers away from home for months at a time. I’m sure that if you conducted a poll among eastern European drivers weekending in western Europe, asking them if they would rather be at home once a fortnight, the overwhelming majority would say yes. I’ve spoken to numerous eastern European drivers over the years, and homesickness is a regular theme among them.

MisterStrood:
Naive you. UKIP won’t change anything. Except making life even harder to live.http://www.unitetheunion.org/uploaded/documents/The%20Truth%20about%20UKIP%20TULO11-17798.pdf

Are you seriously suggesting that Unite is an impartial news source, rather than having a vested interest in throwing unlimited amounts of money at the NHS for the benefit of its members?

MisterStrood:

Fatboy slimslow:

nick2008:
be interesting to how the likes of fly-by-nite will get around this then

piece of cake :laughing: clues in THEIR name :sunglasses: and Belgian soil? :wink: no problem don’t park on the grass! :smiley: use the Tarmac! :grimacing:

The point will come, where EEs won’t be everywhere soon, as once these do it, then French, Germans and Spanish will follow suit! Interesting times ahead me thinks! :grimacing:

my point exactly :grimacing:

MisterStrood:
‘… It never was labor from EE that halved your wages. It was greedy western employers backed by western greedy governments backed by greedy western capitalists…’

…Serving greedy consumers, ie., friends, family & neighbours of ours, who also know the cost of everything but the value of very little :unamused:

Harry Monk:

nick2008:
However, according to strict interpretation of law, it is technically illegal to spend a 45 hour rest in a truck and I’ll be interested to see what happens in the near future.

have you got a link to that bit of law harry?

Harry Monk:

MisterStrood:

Are you seriously suggesting that Unite is an impartial news source, rather than having a vested interest in throwing unlimited amounts of money at the NHS for the benefit of its members?

Is anything we read impartial?
What you have to do is try and understand the agenda behind it.

euromat:

Have a look at Article 8 in EC 561/2006 (look it up) and also the link I posted earlier. It’s worded saying you can take a daily or reduced weekly in a suitably equiped vehicle. Doesn’t say anything about a regular weekly.

macplaxton:

euromat:

Have a look at Article 8 in EC 561/2006 (look it up) and also the link I posted earlier. It’s worded saying you can take a daily or reduced weekly in a suitably equiped vehicle. Doesn’t say anything about a regular weekly.

so it doesnt say anything about NOT being allowed to take a 45 in a truck then, so how is it illegal?

euromat:

macplaxton:

euromat:

so it doesnt say anything about NOT being allowed to take a 45 in a truck then, so how is it illegal?

It has been interpreted that as the regulations specifically only mentions a reduced weekly break in the cab and not all weekly breaks, full or reduced, therefore a full weekly break can’t be taken in the cab.

Whether this is how it should be interpreted will only be clarified if and when it goes to court. Which might happen now as the Belgium authorities are going to start to enforce it.

euromat:

macplaxton:

euromat:

The regulations don’t say you can’t have a regular weekly rest period in the cab, but the fact that it only says a reduced weekly rest period can be taken in the cab implies that a regular weekly rest period can’t.

It’s implied rather than written.

To be certain how the law interprets the implication I suppose either the EU commission would have to give guidance, which they haven’t, or it would need to be tested in court.