38K terberg driver

robroy:
You’ll be changing your username to Yorkshireshunter then eh? :smiley:
Good luck with it mate, tramping is ok if you have the job sussed, but there are other lifestyles.

I believe you can have some good fun on that job, slide drifting in the snow, splashing through the floods.
I’ve seen the vids… but I.won’t mention names to protect the ‘innocent.’. :wink: :smiley:

Never thought of that mate,my usernam,e isn’t right now at all. Mind you I have been tramping for so long now I have a horrible feeling I will be back. I cannot say that I havent enjoyed my tramping days because I actually have for the most, but now I feel at 61 it is over and on to different work closer to home. Plus the money is only a hundred pounds aweek difference and I am no longer supporting a family and at 38k for this work, I think it will suit me nicely now.

robroy:
I believe you can have some good fun on that job, slide drifting in the snow, splashing through the floods.
I’ve seen the vids… but I.won’t mention names to protect the ‘innocent.’. :wink: :smiley:

Steady!!! My finger is hovering over “send” to my solicitor!

peirre:
If it’s shunting trailers on the docks it’ll be fun if they still have those tugs where the whole seat swivels around so you can face the rear while shunting trailers into the Ferries

That’s the ones mate, I did it 15 years ago and had a good time from memory of it. I left it to go for the extra money and have fond memories. Oddly enough two of the same lads I worked with all those years ago are still there.

the maoster:

robroy:

Steady!!! My finger is hovering over “send” to my solicitor!

I wasn’t meaning you, you’re far too mature and responsible for all that.

Think I got away with it flattery (and lies) always work. :smiley:

Where are you gonna strap your fridge and hang your towel? I hope it’s a Terberg Topline :laughing:

Congrats mate, I hope it works out for you.

ezydriver:
Where are you gonna strap your fridge and hang your towel? I hope it’s a Terberg Topline :laughing:

ha ha don’t terbergs have built in fridges? oh err missus. Thanks Buddy.

Yorkshire Tramper:

ezydriver:

Easy there…I think you’ll be lucky to get a heater. But the workload will keep you warm :smiley:

ezydriver:

Yorkshire Tramper:

ezydriver:

Easy there…I think you’ll be lucky to get a heater. But the workload will keep you warm :smiley:

A couple of months and I will be like a racing snake

Yorkshire Tramper:
A bit of an update to my position, I know most will not care but out of respect to those that have had the decency to comment and give advice on this thread. I went for an interview and assesment this morning and received an offer this evening to say they would like to offer me the position. So I am accepting the role and giving up my tamping role for now. Hopefully this will be for the better but either way, decent money and home every night now. Thanks to everyone who bothered to comment. Terberg shunting for me now.

Congrats. Probably for the best being restricted to a private yard considering your cavalier attitude to the rules and regulations when driving on public highways. :smiley:

DCPCFML:
Congrats. Probably for the best being restricted to a private yard considering your cavalier attitude to the rules and regulations when driving on public highways. :smiley:

Yeah cheers, you have influenced my decision quite a lot in coming off the road. :smiley:

Yorkshire Tramper:

DCPCFML:

Yeah cheers, you have influenced my decision quite a lot in coming off the road. :smiley:

Fully understand mate. I’d be changing jobs and trying to cover my tracks as quickly as possible too. :open_mouth:

peirre:
If it’s shunting trailers on the docks it’ll be fun if they still have those tugs where the whole seat swivels around so you can face the rear while shunting trailers into the Ferries

They do indeed, as I am on the docks at Immigham every day.

Ken.

Yorkshire Tramper:
A bit of an update to my position, I know most will not care but out of respect to those that have had the decency to comment and give advice on this thread. I went for an interview and assesment this morning and received an offer this evening to say they would like to offer me the position. So I am accepting the role and giving up my tamping role for now. Hopefully this will be for the better but either way, decent money and home every night now. Thanks to everyone who bothered to comment. Terberg shunting for me now.

How’s the new job going I take it you’ve started.

Trucker Ed:

Going good, hard work but enjoyable. Certainly gives you excercise but that was expected. Not looking back tbh.

Yorkshire Tramper:

Trucker Ed:

Going good, hard work but enjoyable. Certainly gives you excercise but that was expected. Not looking back tbh.

Ok great news maybe you can help me, as found your post in my search for an answer.
Looking at returning to work after been a carer for past 6 years so obviously medical and cpc have ran out, now I’m under the impression that both surely not needed if shunting in depot and no actually going off site onto a public road.
I will put post up asking just thought I’d ask you cheers Ed.

Trucker Ed:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Trucker Ed:

Ok great news maybe you can help me, as found your post in my search for an answer.
Looking at returning to work after been a carer for past 6 years so obviously medical and cpc have ran out, now I’m under the impression that both surely not needed if shunting in depot and no actually going off site onto a public road.
I will put post up asking just thought I’d ask you cheers Ed.

Technically you are correct. However and this mnay be just the rules of our company, we have to still have everything in tact, inc CPC, we do not use tachos but we still download our cards each week and in the office they adjust our shifts and input our hours manually. We still do go on the roads and occasionaly we do trunk runs to other depots with empty and loaded trailers. (Edit) Also just as an addition to my answer, we do have just yard shunters who only hold class 2 licences and although they never go out of the yard they are not allowed on the terbergs or touch any trailers, they shunt 7.5 and 18 ton boxes around the yard and onto the bays. So although technically you do not need any of the things you asked, a lot of firms insist on it for probably insurance and liability issues.

Cheers for all replies Yorkshire dock worker.

ezydriver:

the maoster:
Precisely our problem ^^^^ the handbrake comes on automatically and is situated at the very rear of the trailer, so it’s a case of pick trailer up, put red air line on, climb down and walk to the back to release parking brakes, walk back to the front, pull forward, climb back down and walk to rear to close the doors. Rinse and repeat a hundred times a day and it gets tedious.

Unless you work at Tesco Reading where you just drag the trailer off the bay with the brakes locked on.

Now I know where all the flat spots are coming from.

Tesco Thurrock here. Can confirm it seems to be Tesco shunter policy :stuck_out_tongue: