3 days in and not enjoying it

How did day 4 go nate?

Ive been in an 18 tonne the past couple of days as they said their insurance needs to see my licence before they can insure me. Ive not minded it, it gets me used to the way the place and yard works before going solo in an artic.
Ive took all your comments onboard and im willing to stick with, I guess I am fortunate to get a job so soon and need to look at it as paid experience. When I feel confident reversing I will start looking at other options which should be nearer to Christmas when companies are crying out for drivers.

Whereabouts are you from bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have a wet nurse as a bairn? You must have seen the yard before you took the job? I think you are the type of person who thinks driving is a 9 to 5 job. Away and get a job doing rdc work. But remember you aren’t a driver. You are a steering wheel attendant.

Nate187:
When I feel confident reversing I will start looking at other options which should be nearer to Christmas when companies are crying out for drivers.

Just a bit of advice, agencies (spit) go quiet after Christmas, probably lucky if you get 2 days a week up to Easter.

martinviking:

Nate187:
When I feel confident reversing I will start looking at other options which should be nearer to Christmas when companies are crying out for drivers.

Just a bit of advice, agencies (spit) go quiet after Christmas, probably lucky if you get 2 days a week up to Easter.

this ^^^^

Beware, agencies will kiss your arse and promise the wonders of the world to get you to sign up for the Christmas workload, and signing up might only mean you get the manky stuff that the regulars will take back from you in the bare months after new year.

Don’t drop a full time number for the false promise of an agency wide boy, especially while you are a new driver…which you will be considered as for at least 2 years and until you reach age 25 or 26, as well as X number of years experience some companies have minimum age restrictions in place, where i work does and its way over 21.

Just be thankful you have a start on class 1 I have had both my licences for a year now and have worked my ■■■■■■■■ off to get on to class 1 and that’s now doing class 2 Monday to Friday and class 1 every other Saturday! So not even full time class 1 until a good start time becomes available on class 1. Just Grit your teeth and put up with the ■■■■ and learn the ropes because a couple of months down the line you will look back and realise how lucky you really are. Normally you wont get touched without 2 years experience or unless your over the age of 25 and that’s a no for both of them questions for me!

happysack:
Did you have a wet nurse as a bairn? You must have seen the yard before you took the job? I think you are the type of person who thinks driving is a 9 to 5 job. Away and get a job doing rdc work. But remember you aren’t a driver. You are a steering wheel attendant.

+1…must be a scottish thing… :smiley:

It feels like a crap job because it most likely is. My first few weeks on agency were terrible. Driving clapped out motors, working for bosses who were the scum of the earth, expected to know everything etc then after a month or so I got my first god gig and it all started to fall into place. Your first few months are always a baptism of fire. If you really want supermarket work, go to Goole and Tesco. They will fall over themselves putting you to work.