20 mph limits.

stu675:

Star down under.:

stu675:

Star down under.:
10,000 or 57% of annual road fatalities occur on country roads? Is that accurate? An annual national fatal road toll of over 17,500?

In 2021, the majority of road length in Great Britain was rural, with 75% of ‘A’ roads, 80% of ‘B’ roads, and 57% of the combined ‘C’ and ‘U’ roads classified in this way.

What’s your point?

gov.uk/government/statistic … this%20way.

My point? Have you read the thread and included links, in entirety?

AHH, not the link. I knew about the story beforehand.
Seems to be overstated by a factor of 10 at least. Surely not more shoddy journalism?

You need to familiarise yourself with the whole article, before running off at the mouth.

Star down under.:

stu675:

Star down under.:

stu675:

Star down under.:
10,000 or 57% of annual road fatalities occur on country roads? Is that accurate? An annual national fatal road toll of over 17,500?

In 2021, the majority of road length in Great Britain was rural, with 75% of ‘A’ roads, 80% of ‘B’ roads, and 57% of the combined ‘C’ and ‘U’ roads classified in this way.

What’s your point?

gov.uk/government/statistic … this%20way.

My point? Have you read the thread and included links, in entirety?

AHH, not the link. I knew about the story beforehand.
Seems to be overstated by a factor of 10 at least. Surely not more shoddy journalism?

You need to familiarise yourself with the whole article, before running off at the mouth.

No. You need to make your points clear, if you’re not willing to enter into discussion.
I’ll admit I focused on the percentage you quoted rather than the absolute number which was what you were trying to point out was ridiculous.

[/quote]
No. You need to make your points clear, if you’re not willing to enter into discussion.
I’ll admit I focused on the percentage you quoted rather than the absolute number which was what you were trying to point out was ridiculous.
[/quote]
Are you Carryfast’s apprentice?

Star down under.:

and you taught him everything he knows!

stu675:

Star down under.:

and you taught him everything he knows!

That would have taken all of two minutes, the rest he made up. :laughing:

lancpudn:
Just imagine the ever more draconian government mandated measures they’ll come up with over the coming years as we count down to NETZERO, They’re legally bound to reduce transport emissions YOY. :open_mouth:

local.gov.uk/delivering-local-net-zero

Enabling switches to public transport away from cars would result in around 62.4 billion vehicle kilometres less being driven in England in 2030 and around 173.1 billion vehicle kilometres less being driven in 2050.
These vehicle km being switched to public transport would save an estimated 2.5 MtCO₂e in 2030

So you admit it’s all about disincentivising or criminalising drivers off the roads to put them on buses trains and bicycles instead.
All based on the pretext of the climate scam.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
Just imagine the ever more draconian government mandated measures they’ll come up with over the coming years as we count down to NETZERO, They’re legally bound to reduce transport emissions YOY. :open_mouth:

local.gov.uk/delivering-local-net-zero

Enabling switches to public transport away from cars would result in around 62.4 billion vehicle kilometres less being driven in England in 2030 and around 173.1 billion vehicle kilometres less being driven in 2050.
These vehicle km being switched to public transport would save an estimated 2.5 MtCO₂e in 2030

So you admit it’s all about disincentivising or criminalising drivers off the roads to put them on buses trains and bicycles instead.
All based on the pretext of the climate scam.

It’s going to get even worse shortly! The government have just announced new plans using powers in the environment act to give all local authorities new powers to strengthen air quality measures in conjunction with National Highways to contain emissions, It seems to be an ever decreasing circle for combustion vehicles as local authorities will relish the prospect of limiting ICE cars. localgov.co.uk/New-frame…nnounced/54705