2 and 3 axles on foreign trucks

From Mr Carryfast’s comments it doesnt look to me that he has done much (if any) european work, most likely the nearest drop Travis Perkins Dover…

Carryfast:
,just to save haulage operators a few bob in speccing their trucks properly. :unamused:

What a load of crap :unamused: Tell that to the hundreds of european operators using 4x2 units. These are all properly specced trucks. Why waste money and have increased maintenance costs buying a 6x2 when its not needed :confused:

AndrewG:
From Mr Carryfast’s comments it doesnt look to me that he has done much (if any) european work, most likely the nearest drop Travis Perkins Dover…

Obviously enough ‘European’ road travel if not with a truck to know that our roads were were once like those of France today and,with the exception of their rip off cost autoroutes,vice versa.While obviously realising that the English speaking world has got it right in knowing that it’s cheaper to spend a bit more on less axle weights than spending a fortune on stronger roads.

AndrewG:

Carryfast:
,just to save haulage operators a few bob in speccing their trucks properly. :unamused:

What a load of crap :unamused: Tell that to the hundreds of european operators using 4x2 units. These are all properly specced trucks. Why waste money and have increased maintenance costs buying a 6x2 when its not needed :confused:

As I said that’s fine so long as you’ve got the EU gravy train in which others like the UK are funding the false economy of stronger roads to cater for silly axle weights.While as a net contributor to that we obviously don’t even have that luxury anyway.

Carryfast, there are times where I read your comments on posts and think…

Yeah not bad
Not bad but could do better
Some are quite entertaining

But this one … Bottom of the class

We started talking about the difference of axle configurations between the UK and Europe and why the difference “now”. Lots of good replies from people, maybe one or two from you, but once again you have to resort to your usual rhetoric of spouting this and that, just to suit your argument. I don’t care about how it was in the 70’s, 80’s, during those periods I traveled all over England, France, the low countries, Spain and Italy be it with family or on my own or as a driver. The roads then were different, some were good, quite a few were bad, whatever country.
But your last post, WTF has that got to do with 44t in UK on 6 or 44t in Europe on5 ■■?

Just another money making scam, go over the severn bridge in an estate car with windows all round and 2 axles costs you £6.60, same car but with rear window and rear side windows made from metal costs you £13.20

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

if I can add my tuppence worth.I first went to France 73 and have always been impressed with their roadnetwork except one winter when the extreme
cold got under the tarmac and the network was in one helluva mess but the network was repaired well and it didn’t happen again to my knowledge.

pierrot 14:
Carryfast, there are times where I read your comments on posts and think…

Yeah not bad
Not bad but could do better
Some are quite entertaining

But this one … Bottom of the class

We started talking about the difference of axle configurations between the UK and Europe and why the difference “now”. Lots of good replies from people, maybe one or two from you, but once again you have to resort to your usual rhetoric of spouting this and that, just to suit your argument. I don’t care about how it was in the 70’s, 80’s, during those periods I traveled all over England, France, the low countries, Spain and Italy be it with family or on my own or as a driver. The roads then were different, some were good, quite a few were bad, whatever country.
But your last post, WTF has that got to do with 44t in UK on 6 or 44t in Europe on5 ■■?

Which part of the relatively smaller cost of 44t on 6 axles,rather than 40t + on 5,is all about saving the relatively far greater cost,of making/maintaining roads that can cater for the latter,didn’t you understand.Just as it was in the 1950/60’s when we were at best rightly running around on 6 axles while,with a few exceptions,the continentals were often making do with just 4. :unamused: While as I said that difference in thinking seems to be,to an even much larger degree,an English speaking world thing across North America and New Zealand at least,not just here.

Armagedon:
if I can add my tuppence worth.I first went to France 73 and have always been impressed with their roadnetwork

Really.So that weird over complicated super soft suspension system on the Citroen DS among other French products was all about catering for the smooth French roads in the day. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Carryfast:
Really.So that weird over complicated super soft suspension system on the Citroen DS among other French products was all about catering for the smooth French roads in the day. :open_mouth: :laughing:

You mean the one system that was copied by Rolls Royce?

Carryfast, the Citreon DS was designed to ensure French Diplomats who had to travel to the UK didn’t get piles driving around London.