18 Year Old Wannabe

Must have been age 21 not age 18 in those days Peter :question:

Not so ROG. 18 for PSV. Was 21 for HGV though which is probably what you’re thinking of.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

DatProJo:
… very sorry if multi-quote isn’t allowed! …

Hi DatProJo,

Multi quote is perfectly fine and quite skilful if you don’t mind me saying so. :smiley:

:bulb: It doesn’t do much for your post-count though. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

ding ding ding you sir are going to LOVE what I’m about to say.

I, being 18 years old and a full cat C license holder, have found it extremely easy to get work. I passed on the 18th of August and was employed doing a fairly decent job and paid well within 2 weeks. Okay, the company might not be the best out there, but I top at 9 hours a day and get £3000 a year bonus for good attendance and no crashes! :wink:

I really would love to help you out if you have questions, so please do feel free to message me and maybe we can help eachother out. Of course, this is just my situation and you may find it more difficult to find work if you live out in the countryside etc, but as an 18 and 6 month year old, I can assure you, that there are companies out there that will employ you.

dieseldave:
Multi quote is perfectly fine and quite skilful if you don’t mind me saying so…
:bulb: It doesn’t do much for your post-count though…

:laughing: :laughing: Just wait for when I get my license and come back for tips, post count will go through the roof! :slight_smile:

jordon1703:
ding ding ding you sir are going to LOVE what I’m about to say…

Hope all is going well for you, good to hear someone in the same situation as me has had good luck. I will definitely get in touch once I’ve sorted some things out.

I’m a little bit older being 21 and did struggle a little bit to find a job direct with a firm. For a few months I was doing agency work as and when available. I’m happy to say just over a month ago a local haulage company gave me a chance and I’m really enjoying it there. They’ve also just taken on another young lad this week so there are firms out there willing to give new passes a chance. If it’s what you want to do then go ahead and get your licenses and don’t look back.

Redrum:
I’m a little bit older being 21 and did struggle a little bit to find a job…

Hope the job is all working out for you! I am expecting to have to start with agency but we all have to start somewhere! :smiley:

I wouldnt bother until you are 21 mate. I waited as I applies for jobs speculatively and in no uncertain terms was pretty much told ‘no chance’.