17th November here in France

Gidders:
As a user of Dieppe with my car I’m curious as to how the blockades would affect me assuming the individuals involved were sober and sensible.As a general rule I do a hard right on leaving the terminal to avoid the bemused tourists heading out up the hill.In my trucking days I recall the ferry terminal being on the opposite side of the water in Dieppe and the road to Rouen running alongside the water through the town.
As said above I sympathise generally with the aims of the protestors but nobody can debate anything with a drunk.Over the years there have been many similar protests and the generally leave a space wide enough for a car to get through and I have been known to have a reasonable conversation now and again.I’m glad not to be in a truck though.It is difficult to deal with physical needs during long delays.

Doing that right and over the iron bridge and through the town Gidders, you wouldn’t be affected except maybe at the roundabout at the exit of town, near the airfield. There were “gilet jaune” there last week.

And so the protests continue - There are laws about blocking the roads - 4500 e fine and 2 years in prison - Don’t see that happening anywhere .
The access to the fuel terminal in Donges is totally unhindered but the protestors are blocking the six cross industrial estate and diverting trucks - totally pointless - Loads of CRS there every day -Problems at Vannes, Landivy and Guingamp. Also big problems at the docks in St.Nazaire this week.
These protestors just step out into to the road, arms up and try to get trucks into one lane and cars flowing through in another – I joined the cars, and rolled on through, as did the truck behind me. Patience is wearing thin.

I think when we had fuel protests in the UK, the general public were originally very supportive, but tolerance was wearing a bit thin by thing end. Although then protests in the UK seem so tame compared to France.
This was posted on my facebook page,

Excellent - Shame the G20 isn’t being held in France - Maybe Macron would be a little more focused on the problem and the reasons for the protests-

OwenMoney:
Excellent - Shame the G20 isn’t being held in France - Maybe Macron would be a little more focused on the problem and the reasons for the protests-

Ha ha, dream on Owen. He has been absolutely treating this action with the greatest of contempt, going by his comments in the last few days.
Last week he was in Belgium on some sort of visit and when asked by a journo what he thought of the “Gilets Jaunes” action and what was happening all over France, he replied “I am on a visit here in Belgium, this is not the time to discuss it, I will comment at a later date” !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

pierrot 14:

OwenMoney:

Ha ha, dream on Owen. He has been absolutely treating this action with the greatest of contempt, going by his comments in the last few days.
Last week he was in Belgium on some sort of visit and when asked by a journo what he thought of the “Gilets Jaunes” action and what was happening all over France, he replied “I am on a visit here in Belgium, this is not the time to discuss it, I will comment at a later date” !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And at the next election he will wonder why he has been voted out, all he will have to do is look back at how he has held the electorate in complete contempt for his period of office at the moment he is doing a good impression of Marie Antoinette, yes France needs reforms but just bulldozing them through regardless is not the way to do it

Mazzer2:

pierrot 14:

OwenMoney:

Last week he was in Belgium on some sort of visit and when asked by a journo what he thought of the “Gilets Jaunes” action and what was happening all over France, he replied “I am on a visit here in Belgium, this is not the time to discuss it, I will comment at a we later date” !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And at the next election he will wonder why he has been voted out, all he will have to do is look back at how he has held the electorate in complete contempt for his period of office at the moment he is doing a good impression of Marie Antoinette, yes France needs reforms but just bulldozing them through regardless is not the way to do it

Politician gets elected and then treats electorate with contempt, imagine the shock.

Never liked Macron reminded too much of Blair,

muckles:
Politician gets elected and then treats electorate with contempt, imagine the shock.

Unfortunately there are far too many professional politicians today: they surely know how to get elected, Cameron promising a referendum he didnt agree with, May supporting a policy she doesnt agree with, Corbin ditto, Clegg…! Applies to all parties.
Where are the men and women of principle today?

Franglais:

muckles:

Unfortunately there are far too many professional politicians today: they surely know how to get elected, Cameron promising a referendum he didnt agree with, May supporting a policy she doesnt agree with, Corbin ditto, Clegg…! Applies to all parties.
Where are the men and women of principle today?

Maybe they’re the ones the establishment and msn don’t like so are ridiculed and sidelined.

Whoops gone off topic.

So Macron backs down but give it six months,when France wants it big holiday,and the tax increase will sneak in.
Still very bad in the far west,Donges and St.Nazaire,
Loads of CRS about but the mess remains.
On my way to Paris without any problem after Donges.

All sympathy gone for the French protests here in Dieppe they are only blocking foreign lorries whilst allowing the French to drive on. Yet Europe constantly bangs ion about how racist the UK is over Brexit, They don’t have to look to far from their own backyard to see their own racism

I got stopped this morning in Givet. Held up for 20 minutes & was offered free coffee. Very strong coffee indeed. If I’d have had hair, I would’ve stood on end.

I was slowed at a couple of roundabouts today, and took a diversion as a peage entry was blocked. Seems quite good natured at the moment.*
Apparently lots of queues at fuel stations in north. Dunno if any shortage is due to panic buying or stocking up?
Talk of stronger action Saturday, but who knows?

Edit* I mean the locals I’ve seen seem friendly, what has been happening in Paris is another thing altogether!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Paris and back without any problem except the last roundabout at the six cross in Donges- Not very keen on mad locals with big bonfires and flaming pitchforks .

Franglais:
I was slowed at a couple of roundabouts today, and took a diversion as a peage entry was blocked. Seems quite good natured at the moment.*
Apparently lots of queues at fuel stations in north. Dunno if any shortage is due to panic buying or stocking up?
Talk of stronger action Saturday, but who knows?

Edit* I mean the locals I’ve seen seem friendly, what has been happening in Paris is another thing altogether!

Is there any truth in the rumour of a haulage strike starting at22.00 on Sunday? Talking to the more sensible ones at Dieppe their grievance has now turned to getting an increase in the minimum wage, so despite Macron’s U turn it looks like it may continue for a while yet

Yes, to the question of transport drivers doing it again 22.00 Sunday

Only two unions though so it does depend on the level of support for an indeterminate length strike.
Yet another load of hassle coming - they are simply muscling in on the gilet jaune bandwagon to be a pain to Macron.

Entries to peages still blocked in Aude, Correze and Lot & Garonne. So dragging heavy trailer up national instead. Be nice if the sun was shining.

Overloaded with fat migrant’s again…

OwenMoney:
Overloaded with fat migrant’s again…

Made their wallets slimmer !