MAN sat nav

Evening Gents ,

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not no doubt a few will be quick to confirm if it is :laughing:

I always use my own tom tom sat nav and can adjust vehicles height / width etc as I do a lot of rural collections.

Next week I am in a new MAN TGX rental unit that has sat nav built in ,question is do built in units have the same option for setting height etc as Tom Tom and are they just as reliable and do they have live traffic .

And yes I know sat nav shouldn’t be followed blindly etc I never do .I like to use it for route planning ,timings ,avoiding road closures etc.

Cheers

Yes the New Man sat nav gives you the option to input height,width,weight e.t.c.

Check it’s…

Been updated. If it’s running an older programme, it’ll re-direct you to the Sudentenland and keeping taking you the long way around the Maginot line.

Man arnt going to fit something in there lorries that is going to have you crashing into this that & every thing are they , do you doubt your a-z , lorry drivers map , google , do you doubt yourself , it’s not a dig at you , but it does make I laugh that no-one trusts a lorry specific sat nav , but a map , google that could just as easy be wrong they trust 100% .
Personally I’d stick in the specific dimensions for the lorry & see where it takes me

Yorkielad:
Yes the New Man sat nav gives you the option to input height,width,weight e.t.c.

Thanks Yorkie ,

dozy:
Man arnt going to fit something in there lorries that is going to have you crashing into this that & every thing are they , do you doubt your a-z , lorry drivers map , google , do you doubt yourself , it’s not a dig at you , but it does make I laugh that no-one trusts a lorry specific sat nav , but a map , google that could just as easy be wrong they trust 100% .
Personally I’d stick in the specific dimensions for the lorry & see where it takes me

Dozy , did you not read my original post ?

If you did you would have seen that I use sat nav for checking fastest route ,traffic etc …I don’t need to follow sat nav like a sheep or have a melt down if it isn’t working …I just like to check the most time efficient route when going to new places .

I am sure you play up deliberately for the attention,like a kid with ADHD

Any way I I’m in the Premod gang so I need to be nice .

Dozy me old mate PM and I will give you number of a great councillor who might be able to move you on from this childish behaviour â– â– 

dozy:
Personally I’d stick in the specific dimensions for the lorry & see where it take me

Well done Dozy :unamused: