Drivers medical...is this normal?

Hi guys,

Yesterday I had my first ever drivers medical with D4Drivers, at a location in the West Midlands.

I wasn’t expecting a thorough procedure if I am honest, however, I was in the chair less than 90 seconds.

I was asked if I drunk and how much. The doctor then proceeded to tick NO on every question without me answering them. (I had some cardiac investigations 5 years ago which included an echocardiogram).

Afterwards he gave me my paperwork and sent me on my way.

Looking through the completed form, I was shocked to find that he had GUESSED my height and weight (and got it totally wrong too) but that he had also given a bogus blood pressure reading of 120/80 (he did not test my blood pressure).

Is this the norm when using D4 Drivers? I know they’re desperate for drivers, but this is taking the ■■■■ surely??

D4drivers are very professional from my experience.

They’re the company I recommend on a regular basis.

Cptkimura:
Hi guys,

Yesterday I had my first ever drivers medical with D4Drivers, at a location in the West Midlands.

I wasn’t expecting a thorough procedure if I am honest, however, I was in the chair less than 90 seconds.

I was asked if I drunk and how much. The doctor then proceeded to tick NO on every question without me answering them. (I had some cardiac investigations 5 years ago which included an echocardiogram).

Afterwards he gave me my paperwork and sent me on my way.

Looking through the completed form, I was shocked to find that he had GUESSED my height and weight (and got it totally wrong too) but that he had also given a bogus blood pressure reading of 120/80 (he did not test my blood pressure).

Is this the norm when using D4 Drivers? I know they’re desperate for drivers, but this is taking the ■■■■ surely??

I haven’t used them so can’t make any comments but they come highly recommended on here so I would say this is probably not normal.

If it were me, I’d likely contact them to complain/report the issue.

FFS!
My doctor ( not D4) was very accomplished at quickly asking me all the questions before completing the form. I reckon 30 mins minimum

Yeah, they were recommended to me by a few people. I am guessing I was unlucky with the doctor, who clearly couldn’t be bothered.

The ironic part of all this is he had all the gear there available to him, but just didn’t use it.

On the plus side, he wrote that I was 20 kilos lighter than I really am :slight_smile:)

Defeats the whole object of the operation. Apart from anything else, the OP has paid money and got no information about his current state of health.

And it’s serious. Anyone remember the bin wagon driver in Glasgow?

The doctor needs a massive kick up the backside.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Cptkimura:
Yeah, they were recommended to me by a few people. I am guessing I was unlucky with the doctor, who clearly couldn’t be bothered.

The ironic part of all this is he had all the gear there available to him, but just didn’t use it.

On the plus side, he wrote that I was 20 kilos lighter than I really am :slight_smile:)

Why pay 60 quid for that kind of service?

If you submit that info and it’s wrong you’re leaving yourself wide open

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Pete S:
Anyone remember the bin wagon driver in Glasgow?

I do. Didn’t he get away with it though?

I have made a formal complaint to D4 Drivers.

I will not be submitting the paperwork…it’s frustrating though as I am now out of pocket and will most likely have to get it done via my GP.

Scary how many unfit drivers this guy could have potentially passed!

Smart move not submitting the paperwork.

I used D4Drivers once, never again and I would never recommend them to anyone - are they still a TN sponsor? They’re just brokers and they won’t give two figs for your complaint as they’ve had your money now.

My experience was a doctor from Birmingham traveling to Teesside (shows you what a nice little earner that is for him), he only took one BP reading, not three, and he didn’t make sure I was properly set up for the measurement (which would have been sitting still on a hardbacked chair, feet on the floor, not talking or moving my head)

He said “That’s a bit high…” but nothing more than that. Had I known then what I know now, I too would have gotten a different medical exam. Foolishly I submitted the form he had boshed off and I lost my HGV entitlement for three months until I could get my GP to show I didn’t have a genuine problem with BP - needless to say this created significant problems for me at work!

Cptkimura:
I have made a formal complaint to D4 Drivers.

I will not be submitting the paperwork…it’s frustrating though as I am now out of pocket and will most likely have to get it done via my GP.

Scary how many unfit drivers this guy could have potentially passed!

To be fair…Next time I will use my GP.
I used a place similar to you and DVLA came back with questions.

These people can’t see your notes.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

GPs sometimes charge silly money.

If anyone in the north-east wants a recommendation for a decent doctor (an NHS GP with a practice in Whitley Bay who also does medicals at a training provider on Team Valley twice a month) who does D4s at £45 a pop, PM me and I’ll give you his contact details

The D4 Medical is like an MOT, it is just a snapshot of the vehicle, or person on the day, the brakes could fail tomorrow or the driver could have a stroke.

I know my own doctor would fail me if I went for a medical tomorrow, but a doctor who doesn’t know my medical history would probably let me pass. My father died on the 21st October 1977 whilst taking his driving test, this was only a couple of months after having a medical. He was 50