Cabotage consultation

gov.uk/government/consultat … #questions

If you have a view, now is your chance to let the government know.
I’ll prob say I fully support it while mocking the hypocrisy of the RHA lol.

Like most of these things they don’t really want input from any of us plebs who actually work for a living within the industry, we have always been and always will be of no importance whatsoever, except when they need cannon fodder and they might lower themselves to tell us what we want to hear to get our votes.
The sudden media/govt interest in transport is for an agenda they have planned, of that you can be certain.

I’ll just send my MP my support that I’d prefer see it go by a Polish or even Russian truck than a Brit train.
Also don’t insult my intelligence that the plan isn’t actually one of sabotage not cabotage.
Meant to wipe out the Brit road transport industry as I knew it and to return it to the one that my Grandfather knew in the 1920’s/30’s.
Mostly there as a local delivery and collection service to serve the rail freight industry.

> Carryfast:
> Meant to wipe out the Brit road transport industry as I knew it and to return it to the one that my Grandfather knew in the 1920’s/30’s.

Did you still have the offspring of the same horses your Grandad did with Carryfast (The Company) in the Brit road transport industry as you knew it?

I remember Carryfast (The Company) in the late 60s early 70s - visiting their premises was like the TV show 'All Our yesterdays - men in Brown Warehouse coats, dust & cobwebs, wagons out of a museum and so antiquated you’d think you were in a museum.

No wonder CF comes across as a complete ****er/**at from a time past - He never stood a chance

whisperingsmith:
> Carryfast:
> Meant to wipe out the Brit road transport industry as I knew it and to return it to the one that my Grandfather knew in the 1920’s/30’s.

Did you still have the offspring of the same horses your Grandad did with Carryfast (The Company) in the Brit road transport industry as you knew it?

I remember Carryfast (The Company) in the late 60s early 70s - visiting their premises was like the TV show 'All Our yesterdays - men in Brown Warehouse coats, dust & cobwebs, wagons out of a museum and so antiquated you’d think you were in a museum.

No wonder CF comes across as a complete ****er/**at from a time past - He never stood a chance

You’re old enough to have visited their premises when I was around 10 and that is supposedly relevant to 1985 how and it’s me who’s supposedly from the time past and you think that the 21st century is a better place than the late 20th.
Have you confused the two centuries in your senile old age.
To be fair my Grandad drove a Foden steamer to and from the rail yard but unfortunately never lived to see the rise of the long haul road transport sector let alone me seeing its fall back again.