Cpc training

Hello,
I was thinking of renewing my cpc and getting on the gravy train with agency shifts. Is it possible to do these online now. If so is it like a zoom meeting where you watch instructor or is it online learning. Can you recommend any companies.

Thanks

CPC can now be done online, this is usually through either Zoom or Microsoft Teams, more often than not Zoom at this doesn’t require you to have an account with them.
The process is fairly simple, find a training provider, book a place on a course either on line or by phone, receive a link to join, then sit back and have fun on the course.
As for recommendations, the best bet is Google. Just type CPC training and see who comes up. Because it’s all online, you can look at providers from all over the country to see who is the cheapest, or who has the best recommendations, whichever you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I used driver hire for my last few courses. No hassle so would use again if needed.

A year+ ago I used VR-training via zoom for mine during lockdown, iirc it was £135 for 5x7hrs. Though I’m not sure if it’s the same price atm

peirre:
A year+ ago I used VR-training via zoom for mine during lockdown, iirc it was £135 for 5x7hrs. Though I’m not sure if it’s the same price atm

I second that.
I used VR.
No waiting for a distant booking slot - in same week normally if required.
Cheapest I could find, but it is actually £35 per 7 hour course. (£175 for 5X7).

I have no affiliation with VR but they continue to be the cheapest I am aware of therefore worth recommending.
I found it easiest to telephone to arrange a booking.

vr-services.co.uk/
01698 674 019

I recently used Enterprise (£49/day - cpcanddriver.co.uk/book-o).

Enterprise was fine, I’d use them again no problem.

CPCandDriver was the worst presented course I have done in my entire life - what trainer immediately mutes everyone at the start of the day specifically to ensure no interaction■■? I’m also not convinced he actually knew the course content particularly well.

Atlas, Driver Hire and VR are also on my shopping list for a bit of variety, but haven’t tried them yet.

I saw a post from them on a TM FB group, they are still doing it at £35 a pop, I just hope they have more than one trainer, otherwise that poor guy will be sick of his life by now.

As far as I can tell, based on what others have reported, the only drawbacks (that I wouldn’t like) is you have to pay by a bank transfer rather than a card over the phone, and rather than have the presentation piped onto your screen, you’re watching the trainer standing in front of a screen, as if you’re viewing the classroom through your monitor. But, TBH, most drivers probably don’t care about details like that.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I’m in two minds to renew it for a few odd shifts as I think the rates are too good to ignore

Zac_A:
I saw a post from them on a TM FB group, they are still doing it at £35 a pop, I just hope they have more than one trainer, otherwise that poor guy will be sick of his life by now.

As far as I can tell, based on what others have reported, the only drawbacks (that I wouldn’t like) is you have to pay by a bank transfer rather than a card over the phone, and rather than have the presentation piped onto your screen, you’re watching the trainer standing in front of a screen, as if you’re viewing the classroom through your monitor. But, TBH, most drivers probably don’t care about details like that.

You can pay by card over phone now.

Do you as the student need a working Web cam

Nearly there again:
Do you as the student need a working Web cam

Doesn’t have to be a web cam, but something with a camera, so a phone or tablet will do the job if you don’t have a web cam, just make sure you have a charger nearby. It’s something they have to have to make sure people are actually engaging with the course instead of just logging on then going off to have a beer in the garden

Inglebert:
I recently used Enterprise (£49/day - cpcanddriver.co.uk/book-o).

Enterprise was fine, I’d use them again no problem.

CPCandDriver was the worst presented course I have done in my entire life - what trainer immediately mutes everyone at the start of the day specifically to ensure no interaction■■? I’m also not convinced he actually knew the course content particularly well.

Atlas, Driver Hire and VR are also on my shopping list for a bit of variety, but haven’t tried them yet.

I’ve now finished the 35 hours, I did another Enterprise course (not as good as the first but just about ok) and then a couple of courses with Atlas (atlaslgvtraining.co.uk/prod … -training/, £45 per 7hr course). Atlas were the best of the bunch by a country mile. 2 x 3.5hr evenings per 7hr course which was not such a god-awful slog as a full day course, and the guy presenting was engaging and seemed to know what he was talking about. He also got the rest of the folks on the course to exchange some genuinely useful and interesting info.

Mainstream agency do in-house CPC training and will give you the work after - which is important too…

I did my 2014 CPC there, and got a lot of work @ couriers like Fedex & Yodel from them after.

(I did my 2019 CPC @ Brakes whilst there as a full timer, a job I got from going temp to perm whilst working via one of Mainstream’s subsidary agencies, SMS)

Atlas hgv sounds an idea. As 2 3.5hr courses sounds hell of a lot better than sitting there for 7 well more like 8 by time stop and start for a tea break etc.
Could just manage that 3 half hours at a time . I’ll have to look into it

edd1974:
Atlas hgv sounds an idea. As 2 3.5hr courses sounds hell of a lot better than sitting there for 7 well more like 8 by time stop and start for a tea break etc.

One thing to remember with this though, in order to have your hours uploaded you must start the second 3.5 hour module within 24 hours of ending the previous one, otherwise they won’t count and you will have to do them again

Terry Cooksey:

edd1974:

One thing to remember with this though, in order to have your hours uploaded you must start the second 3.5 hour module within 24 hours of ending the previous one, otherwise they won’t count and you will have to do them again

That’s what atlas do Mon/Tue or we’d/Thu 7pm to 10 45pm
Or sat/sun mornings. So they will restart within 20 hrs of finishing.

I think the hours being regulated rather than the content being regulated is the worst aspect. atlas look like they cover a lot, wish I had gone with them.

I did an online course with VR the week before last. Highly recommend them.