So now I have passed... what do I need

I’ve applied for my taco. I appreciate that is a must

Do I actually need to have my DCPC card and driving licence in my possession? Or will my pass certificate for Mod 4 and driving test suffice? I’m conscious that driving licences are taking yonks to come back from the DVLA…

Many places want to see the physical cards but as many companies now know the issues with DVLA I would try your luck with the pass certificates and be prepared to go online to prove you are qualified
ADD - I have just called a few medium sized employers and they all said the same - they will accept pass certs and if necessary proof online

Note for anyone else reading - digicard can be obtained with a B licence

If the examiner took your driving licence off you following your test pass then it should be back within a few days. As tests are now completed on a tablet the result is sent to DVLA instantly and the card is automatically issued, no human intervention required.

Same goes for applying for a digi-tacho card - if done online it should take just a few days. If you have applied by post then it will likely take a few weeks.

Thanks all. Very useful!

SBJames:
I’ve applied for my taco. I appreciate that is a must

Do I actually need to have my DCPC card and driving licence in my possession? Or will my pass certificate for Mod 4 and driving test suffice? I’m conscious that driving licences are taking yonks to come back from the DVLA…

It did take six weeks for me to recently get my license back, congratulations on passing

I gave mine in to the examiner after passing a couple weeks ago - back 3 days later in the post so hopefully you won’t have too long to wait!