Hgv medical at 45

Coming upto that magical age, do Dvla send you the medical forms or do you have to apply for them?

Thanks in response

Casper1877:
Coming upto that magical age, do Dvla send you the medical forms or do you have to apply for them?

Thanks in response

Change your photo now and get another 5 years before next D4 medical is due providing you have not had a licence issued after oct 2012

2009, thanks for the advice, appreciated, Dvla send you the form then for a medical

Casper1877:
2009, thanks for the advice, appreciated, Dvla send you the form then for a medical

Try to change photo a few months before D4 is due to gain the free 5 years from the date the new licence is issued - not 5 years from the current expiry date

Does not matter if photo does not need changing just change it now

Rog,

My valid from date is 24/05/12
I’m 45 in Aug 2017, should i wait until say early 2017 before re-newing my photograph or do it sooner?

Cheers

Towman:
Rog,

My valid from date is 24/05/12
I’m 45 in Aug 2017, should i wait until say early 2017 before re-newing my photograph or do it sooner?

Cheers

June 2017 is when I would change photo
Is the photo valid until then :question:

So if I change my photo now, I won’t have to have a medical, that’s very surprising

ROG:

Casper1877:

Try to change photo a few months before D4 is due to gain the free 5 years from the date the new licence is issued - not 5 years from the current expiry date

does this work for the 50 one :grimacing:

burnley-si:

ROG:

Casper1877:

Anyone between age 41 and 65 who has not had a licence issued since dec 2012 and has a current valid medical

burnley-si:

ROG:

Casper1877:

Did for me.

issued 2013 :unamused: :cry:

ROG:

Casper1877:

Thanks in response

Change your photo now and get another 5 years before next D4 medical is due providing you have not had a licence issued after oct 2012

Worked for me.
Photo due to expire May 15. Renewed it online via passport pic and got new one back within 4 days,which is now valid til 2020.

Hi , im 45 in October, however both my c+e and photo are due to expire in august 2018. Passed hgv tests in 2003. Do I need a medical when I turn 45 or am I exempt till aug 2018 when I will be 47

This worries me…

Given the state of health that some drivers are in, I am alarmed that some people are advocating the avoidance of a medical, all for the sake of saving £50 or so,

Personally I think some drivers could do with a medical sooner rather than later…There is nothing more important that your healh.

Maybe it’s just me…

DOOGS:
Hi , im 45 in October, however both my c+e and photo are due to expire in august 2018. Passed hgv tests in 2003. Do I need a medical when I turn 45 or am I exempt till aug 2018 when I will be 47

You need a medical when your CE expiry date on your licence is…ie 2018

Kate:
This worries me…

Given the state of health that some drivers are in, I am alarmed that some people are advocating the avoidance of a medical, all for the sake of saving £50 or so,

Personally I think some drivers could do with a medical sooner rather than later…There is nothing more important that your health.

Maybe it’s just me…

GOOD POINT!!!

And yes I am shouting about it… :imp:

Well, medical all done n dusted, licence back, do it all again in 5 years time

Kate’s right. Do it proper like and there’s no come back if something happens. Sure as eggs is eggs if you’re taken ill and have a smash, someone’s gonna come up with you using a loophole to get round the medical, saying you must have known you had some condition or other.

DOOGS:

Change photo NOW and you will get LGV expiring in July 2020
Lose 3 years on the photo
Gain 5 years on the LGV

If concerned about health then go for the free NHS well man clinic and perhaps get one of the free eye checks that are offered every so often

Judging from some of the replies on here,some people must have concerns about their health,if they have a need to find ways to avoid having a medical.
I would personally like to have the knowledge that I am healthy enough to pass a medical.