Initiation rites!

I myself have been sent to pick up a long wait :blush: I sussed it after standing at the window for 15mins being ignored, so I partially redeemed myself :open_mouth:

My son, who obviously takes after his mother, has been sent to the shops for left handed screwdrivers and stripey paint :unamused: :laughing:

I had a van boy who used to get initiated on a daily basis, sometimes, if the last drops were close together I would lock the doors so he couldn’t get in & had to run down the road to the next drop, if he didn’t make it, he had to get a bus home :smiling_imp: I used to get him to stand out in the road and stop traffic so that I could back in to a side road to turn around, then when he was stood in the middle of the road waving his arms around, I’d drive off leaving him standing there :laughing:

At one firm I worked for the guvnor was always doing the boys in the warehouse up like a kipper, I’ve seen em with a broomstick through their sleeves, cable tied to the fence with their trollies round their ankles :laughing: shut in the back of containers while everyone else went to lunch and when things were quiet he would them that the forklift had broken down so they would have to handball a load of, say, corned beef off a curtainsider, so you’d have one on the trailer passing cases down to the one on the ground, he’d wait until they’d done a few pallets then come and pick them up with the forks and take them into the warehouse, sometimes he’d do a few pallets like this before they realised :laughing: :laughing: