BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS........

I agree with the above ^^^^ Do not fall for newspaper advertisements, especially when they say they’ll give you a job interview at the end because it’ll probably be for a kitchen porter’s post.

Just like to say, I passed my class one today, first attempt, and I’m a very happy chap :smiley:

It started off well, no shunts and straight in the hole on the reversing exercise. Once out on the road it was going beautifully, but I started to fluff it halfway through and it kinda fell apart but fortunately I only picked up 4 minors through that dozey 10 minute stretch but I turned it around and regained my nerves towards the end and didn’t gain any more minor errors. The git of an examiner left a huge pause before telling me that I’d passed, and I didn’t dare to hurry him along in breaking the news to me incase he changed his mind! (I know, I know). Actually he was a good chap and was fair, as the rest of the examiners in Enfield seem to be. I was lucky though, they shut the test centre without warning whilst I was out on the road due to asbestos dust…

Anyway, I’d just like to give out a big recommendation to anyone in the Herts/Beds area for RoadTrain in Hitchin. Paul, the C+E tutor is a very nice chap, made me feel at ease and kept an eye on my performance without creating any undue worry or knocks to my confidence.

Rog, I know you’ve got RoadTrain up there for Essex, can you also add it to Herts? They do still have offices in Essex, but the chaps I trained with are now based in Hitchin, which is well into Hertfordshire.

Good luck to everyone else who’s taking their tests soon.