First day on the new job tomorrow.........nervous or what?

spd0121:
Well…Home in one piece…result!! :smiley:

O7:30 Show time this morning. 20 min drive to the yard, so set the alarm for 05:15 in orer to allow the consumption of one pot of finest ‘French Roast’ java!! Caffiene fueled reaction time to allow for ‘suicidal’ pedestrian avoidance manouevres, being the order of the day!

Showered and in bed by 11:00 p.m. Early for me! 00:15 lying there in the dark, still thinking about MSM, blind spot checks, forward planning and lane positioning!! Bugger…must get to sle…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sit bolt upright in bed and reach for the alarm to check the time…04:45!! :open_mouth: .Try to get 40 more winks…hopeless.

04:55…up, dressed (in the dark) downstairs, coffee on! 04:58 first cup…thank God for ‘pause and serve’! :smiley:

Check my holdall bag…maps, pens,gloves, tacho discs, camera, notebook, licence, digicard etc. etc. etc…Coffeee time!

Re-check holdall…LOL

Hi-viz; where’s my friggin’ Hi-viz!! Oh yeah, it’s alread on the fleece I’m gonna wear. :blush:

Where’s SWMBO…if she makes me late I’ll…Check time…05:30 Oops!!

More coffee…

Re-check holdall!

Finally SWMBO appears…“What the hell do you think you are doing? It’s only 5:45 for Gawd’s sake!!”…

06:10 “Come on; let’s go…there might be an accident or something…or we might get a flat”…

06:35 arrive at the yard… :blush:

Hmmmm…can’t see the aforementioned ERF in the yard. Wonder what i’m gonna drive then.

07:25 still no sign of human habitation…Good grief; don’t these people believe in being on time or even a little early…

07:29 they’re here!! “Bye, baby. See you later.” And I’m in there.

In very short order my paperwork is sorted and I am introduce to my ‘Driver’s mate’ - Robert. Seems like a nice sort and not a real youngster (About 30ish, I reckon).

We are given our ‘lines’ for the day…just one pick up in Norwich…nice way to ‘ease into it’, thinks I…then I notice…500 tyres!! :open_mouth: All handball!!

I am tossed the keys and told ‘Wagon’s in the yard Take it easy today. No rush. When you get back, unload into the artic ‘curtainsider trailer’ out back and you’re done for the day. Here’s tomorrow’s paperwork (3 pickups), I’m off tomorrow. So see ya’ Thursday!" :open_mouth:

I wander, in a bit of a daze, to the yard to find the wagon. Turns out it’s an 07 plate MAN!! All lovely and shiny, sparkling in the early morning sun! Not a dent or scratch on it anywhere!! :open_mouth:

Posting now to avoid possible loss…back in a sec.

From one Coffe holic (though mine is Columbian) to another well done sounds like my first day 36 years ago keep on trucking buddy.
Rick