Start class c training on monday- NOW PASSED

Evening all. Woke up this morning, still no nerves, still looking forward to it and what did i see when i opened the curtains, 2 inches of snow. :exclamation: :exclamation:

Made my way to the training center in bookham, 7.30 start but i got there at 7.

Sorted all the paperwork out , met my instrutor, Paul, wot a smashing bloke.

Made our way to the farm where the trucks are kept, by this time nerves had set in, walked us round the truck, explained in detail what every button and knob does in the cab, then he drove us to guildford.

He pulled into a snowy, icy layby, asked if we need a wee then turned to me, and said your first. :open_mouth:

Well the truck is a Merc with a 12 speed box and a splitter, what a smashing truck to learn in.

Off i went, got all my mirror, signal manouver in the right place, had slight probs approaching junctions too fast then havting to break hard. :blush:

Pulled into the test centre at guilford for a coffee and to change drivers. I prob learnt as much from the other driver as i did from driving.

We drove 3 times each, averaging about 1 hour 15 mins.
I hit the curb only once when i saw the whites of another approaching truck drivers eyes, im so sorry to you if your on here. :blush:

There is so much to learn, but on the way back it sort of all clicked into place.

I sussed the gears out, i remembered about the mirrors and always checking my blind spot. On reflextion all the advice given on here has really helped, but its not as easy as it looks guys, you have to be so alert all the time and car drivers omg they have no idea about trucks at all :exclamation: :exclamation: .

I had a good day and cant wait for tomorrow. Will post more tomorrow fellas. :smiley: