My C + E Diary (Wagon & Drag) (Passed)

BigJon:
parked the truck up next to the trailer, then he said couple the trailer up, but treat the trailer as if youve never used it before. So i pull the truck up infront of the drag. stopping about 3 foot forward of actually coupling up. jump out of cab and check the alignment is good. and as its a pressure operated pin, we have to wind the trailer up 2 turns on the legs in high gear. then i get back in the truck, reverse back till i feel the coupling connect, and hear the pin drop. then its into 1st or 2nd and give 2 quick tugs to check im hooked up.

round to the back again after getting out, connect the susies up, give the trailer a good check over, twistlocks are done up (its a dropbox wag & drag) , plating certificate is in place and good, nothing is missing, and as im walking round place the number plate back on the trailer. then when im happy the trailer is good, wind the legs up, and release the parking brake. i then asked my instructor to check my lights. all was good so we headed back to the yard.

All in all a good day, quite pleased with what ive done and tbh i thought the trailer would be a lot harder than it is.

Great blog, very interesting and I can’t wait for the pics.

I’m just wondering, with the Artic don’t you have to first check the Parking break is on when you go to a ‘new’ trailer, is this not the case with your trailer? :question: