BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS........

As well as my junk mail in the letterbox. I get quite a lot in my spambox too, this morning I was sent Fresh links to companies offering Easy driver training, driver jobs and basically talking people out of hard earned money on false promises.

So these, and the original 4 or 5 companies are all offering the same thing by using links or banner adverts to DSA, FTA. RHA, as well as OCRS and VOSA which suggest they are accredited training providers

This, as well as the suggestion to frighten people into parting with a considerable amount of money for expensive training using these “Recommended” companies.

In the case of “the middleman” who is advertising in the Telegraph and Times newspaper as well as the popular redtops, they offer thousands of highly paid jobs, some of which are in my area, when I click on these jobs, they have long gone or never existed, certainly not at the rates advertised.

Another one was offering jobs with the main bluechip companies and naming them, these are companies that do not run their own trucks but use the big 5 contract hauliers, such as DHL or Wincanton

Of course I realise, that it is a clever marketing tool, and “let the buyer beware” etc, I just feel by using the links to the DSA. DfT. etc they are very misleading and should be highlighted to save gullible people being duped,

There are tens, if not hundreds of people on this site who after spending upwards of a thousand quid to get their Category C licence to find, they cannot get jobs, they have no experience, and more of them suddenly realise that to earn these 30 to 40k super salaries, they have to do 15 hour days while sleeping in a tin box.

Drivers will tell you the truth about a company. The boss of the traditional transport company will tell you if he needs drivers. The supply chain, logistics department or distribution centre graduates are not as honest.

Transport is not a closed shop, but I feel as though there are people coming into this industry who should be taking gentlemens inside leg measurements or selling clotted cream. These same people have read the hype, seen the alleged shortage of 80,000 drivers and jumped ship from their secure 9 till 5 boredom to “be their own boss” “work to suit yourself” “just you, the open road, and your favourite radio station” Reality, sadly is not as exciting.

Saturday Rant… it’s like Clarkson without the humour :wink: