C+E Training Not Needed Anymore

Giblsa:
I have just finished my first day (3 hours really but it feels like a full day, I’m drained now) training to become a C+E Driver.

I’m learning in a DAF CF85, its not the most modern of wagons but for what it is used for I found it to be quite good, sometimes you struggle to get it into 5th but adding things like this make it more realistic for when you do get on the road (I think!) gearbox is a four over four splitter. (Is this right? I hope so or I’ll look a plumb :blush: )

Hi Giblsa As ROG said, that’s a range change mate. :smiley:

The ‘splitter’ is the other switch, which ‘splits’ each gear if needed.

Memory tip::
The range change gives you a ‘range’ of gears- either 1-4 OR 5-8 and the ‘splitter’ splits them, :grimacing:

Giblsa:
After the break it went to rat poop and was a nightmare, it was as if I had my “driving head” removed and my “[zb] everything up head” put back on.

Don’t worry mate, that happens to lots of trainees at the stage you’re at- trust me. :wink:

Giblsa:
I have to admit it has been very enjoyable and I am so glad I took the leap and started it. Let’s just hope tomorrow goes better than the second half of today.

I’d say you’re doing just fine mate, and from the way you wrote your post, it looks like you’re the sort who doesn’t mind a bit of banter…
…says he hopefully…

:open_mouth: Would you mind if I suggest a new avatar?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

BTW, you’re NOT a plumb, because a plumb is the guy who doesn’t ask. :wink: