George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

biggusdickusgb:
its took me ages to write my reply because i don’t want to sound patronising. i’m truly sorry to hear of this mate but having just come through something similar all i can say to you is stay positive.
i put my recovery totally at the feet of the consultants treating me but all of my consultants, doctors and nurses say my recovery is down to my mental attitude to my illness.
they lose more people than they should because most people on being told they have cancer just give up.
i dont know you or your outlook on life but i’ve always lived mine with the que sera sera attitude, what will be, will be.
when i was told what i had, i just told them to go for it and cure me, they almost failed but i’m still here (read the goodbye for now thread)
whatever you do make sure you do it with a positive attitude, if you give up you’ll be dead before the 18 months are up.
when you wake in the morning, tell the cancer you’re going to beat it, don’t let it rule your life.
i’m not saying it will go away but a guy i see at the clinic regularly was given 12 months to live in 2002, he’s not in the best of health but he’s still here.
good luck to you, the treatment isn’t nice but the most powerful weapon you have now is in your head, please be positive.

Hear Hear. Well Said