George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

Hi funnyfut, As Denis F, but I’d add that I’ll second your warning about taking the PSA test.

For those who don’t like needles, the PSA test can be done at the same time as you need a blood test for almost any other reason, so there’s nothing extra to endure. Depending on your age, most GPs don’t normally ask for a PSA test when they fill in the blood-test request form, simply because prostate cancer isn’t always uppermost in their minds.
Once you’re aware of the need for a PSA test, it’s simply a matter of the GP putting one extra tick in a box on the same form.

I’ve had my fair share of medical procedures and can vouch for what I’ve said above. :wink:

I have a slight problem with high blood pressure, which is treated by one tiny little tablet per day in a completely routine way. As a side-effect of that tablet might be that it causes a problem with kidney function, I need a blood test for that reason every so often. It really is no effort at all for my GP and I to keep an eye on my PSA count, since prostate cancer, (amongst some other things)is what killed my dad. :frowning:

For anybody who thinks that it’s cool to ignore obvious medical warning signs,
I’d advise a read of MY POST IN THE FAMILY FORUM

Whilst nowhere near as serious as yours funnyfut, my little story does illustrate the point you made about not ignoring things. :wink:
:blush: :blush: I’m guilty of it myself, so go on, have a laugh at my expense. :laughing: :laughing: